Sign in to follow this  
Most Wanted

What do you guys do?

Just curious about you guys that stuck around for a long time. What keeps you playing Onyx?

I still consider myself as a newer player but I have a decent understanding of the server yet found that the game got extremely stale very fast. 

Onyx is the first RSPS I've "played" in a few years after having a very driving push to play a fun RSPS again. The server felt right, except ;;home (I just really dislike ;;home. I'm not a fan of it's location & layout)

but after some time it felt too lackluster.

It took some time to get some basic mid-tier junk which was one of my biggest issues; AKA it felt a little too grindy for items that shouldn't really have a grind factor to them. I'm not really a lazy player, but no one really plays RSPS to grind for an average bank that's risk ready for PKing. Which leads to the next thing.

PKing is absolutely nonexistent. I mean if you love bank standing, dope, but claws and an ags aren't just novelties. Yes they can be used for PVM, but if a claw spec on an NPC is as exciting to you as getting the perfect opportunity to spec another player and drop them, then damn lol. You don't pk.

Pking is also a spectator sport too. It's fun to watch in my opinion. Sometimes I'd hop on a server to peep those hybrid clan beefs lol. So much content comes out of those: sick pking videos, hype, feuds, good pkers, clan tourneys etc. Personally, I believe having an active pking community is the most important thing to a server. It's usually one of the most advertised things, and something all of the top servers have in common. It's essentially why most of us (the entire rsps community) plays rsps. 

Furthermore the entire, I mean the entire eco seems donated to me. That leads to unreasonably high prices of those items in terms of gp, no staking, no risking.  All pvm and bank standing..where it's safe.

Events seem fun, but I think competing with donated banks isn't too great. I support donating to an extent, but the lack of diversity in players kills it for people who either didnt pour countless hours to even compete or donate.

So the big questions are what keeps you guys here and does Onyx have a longer future? Or is the server just kinda dead at this point and it's just the people who put $500 into it just sticking around lol

I'm not trying to bash the server or be rude or anything, so hopefully no one gets caught up in their feelings. I like Onyx, but shits boring lol.

Although I've played less than 4 weeks, comp cape (later today) and trimmed comp/200m all (long term) are my goals on this server. You've got to set goals and stick to them. I also like pvming with friends which is fun. Events on here are fun too although I haven't attended many. Onyx is the first rsps for me since 2015 that I feel like I can grind all day and it's still fun. Pking exists in deep wild/at wildy bosses/rev caves/galvek. I am sure some people are down to fight at edge too. You can get all items without donating, as many non-p2w players have already done. I find it weird that people quit over small stuff and it seems like the player count has went down a tiny bit, but it will go up with updates and advertising I'd assume. 

I believe this server has a future, so I'm sticking here. Players will come as new content arrives and the server moves up on the rsps toplists (that's how I found it)

Edited by arx

What time do you play usually? Sometimes the server is dead. Also, if you see a high donator rank it doesent mean someone donated for it. A majority of the people pay for their rank with in game cash. Pking community is pretty dead though and needs to be revived somehow, their are some pkers though and lastly the reason everything is grindy is because this server was built to have a grind. It is actually much easier than it once was. This is a relatively new server and the player base is just getting started. Imo this is the best server to ever exist and hope to see you stick around!

Edited by Atazoth

The competition the server has to offer, the updates, and the events are what keep me on the server.
The community is nice, but I want to build it up, to be an enjoyable community for everyone, so people's server experience is a good one. At the end of the day friendship is what means the most in a game. 
While there are low days, there are really great days and I enjoy the server for what it is.
With the updates that Alex provides us, I can see myself playing this for another 1-2+ years. 
While a lot of people will quit after half a year or so, I think there will be a lot of us who stay for longer than that, because of the competition, events, friendships we've made, the community that keeps growing, and the updates :). After raids, I'm sure in the future we could have a theater of blood type raids and even more bigger updates to come!
There's so many possibilities and that is what keeps me staying on this server, and I would like to see you, and many other people continue to play. 

Edited by Corper

Regarding medium tier items being hard to obtain we also noticed this issue last week and are considering making some items such as whips easier to obtain. As for endgame items the drop rates overall are fine.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:00 AM, Onyx said:

Regarding medium tier items being hard to obtain we also noticed this issue last week and are considering making some items such as whips easier to obtain. As for endgame items the drop rates overall are fine.

end game items are supposed to be hard af to get i like how it is.