Sign in to follow this  
Killian

[Game/Forums] Event Suggestions 2.0

Onyx RSPS

Event Suggestions

Hey everyone, and welcome back. This is my second thread for events and competitions on Onyx. Click the link below to check my first one.

Battle Royale (Safe PvP)

Participating players will join either side (A) or side (B). They will then be split in the Clan Wars Safe PvP area. One side starts at the south-eastern side, the other starts at the south-western side. Once the staff has counted down to 0 on the global yell channel, the players are allowed to leave the safe zone. An administrator (Sam) would teleport around the safe pvp arena and drop random items all over the place. The goal is to be the winning team. When all members of the enemy team are defeated, you have won.

Note that this doesn't have to be in teams. It can be a solo/free-for-all event too if that is easier.

Member, Voter & Staff of the Month

These are monthly events that cycle between every month (Member -> Voter -> Staff -> Member -> etc). This gives a little bit of variety. For Staff of the Month you could have a community poll where users are able to vote on their most beloved member. For Member of the Month you would need to have staff pick out one member, otherwise there can be cheating involved where you bribe others to vote for you. For Voter of the month you could have it so all participators have to take a screenshot of their total votes (Quest Tab) and name during a certain period (Like 1st - 7th of Month) and then have them take another screenshot at the end of the month to show how much they have voted.

Dead By Daylight

Pretty simple. One staff member will run around and will try to kill all participators. You have to survive for as long as you can. You are allowed to bring gear into this event on your own risk to survive longer - But the staff member is unkillable. Binding, and freezing him is possible though. Last man standing will be the winner.

Riddles

The staff will give out riddles. You have to complete them all, and take a screenshot of you standing at the location. When you have finished them all and posted evidence on forums you will win (only one winner).

Example: By a swamp I live, forever forgotten. The restless ghost I guarden, will always stay rotten.

Answer: The building near Lumbridge Graveyard, where you do the "The Restless Ghosts" quests on Runescape.

Weekly Events

Many servers have weekend events that cycle every week, and players seem to really like them. See list below for examples

• Bonus PvM Drop Rate (Imporved very very slightly)
  • Gain bonus herbs from Farming
  • Have a higher chance of getting clue scrolls and effigies
  • All minigame rewards are improved by x1.5
  • Blood Money recieved from Wilderness activities is doubled
  • Chances of getting a pet are improved
  • Skilling resources are obtained at a higher or faster rate (Wc/Mine/Fish/Hunt/RC/Thieving/Cooking/etc)
  • You can choose between two random slayer master tasks (Gargoyles or Spiders || Cockatrice or Banshees || Dark Beasts or Bronze Dragons)
  • All non-boss npcs have chance of giving double drops

Thanks,

Killmonger

Edited by Killian

I've actually considered doing something along the lines of riddles, personally, as a way to give some expensive items to people who can critically think.

The weekly events listed here:

• Skilling resources are obtained at a higher or faster rate (Wc/Mine/Fish/Hunt/RC/Thieving/Cooking/etc)
  • You can choose between two random slayer master tasks (Gargoyles or Spiders || Cockatrice or Banshees || Dark Beasts or Bronze Dragons)

I have begged Alex for months to add commands for Sam and himself that allow them to modify variables such as these at a moment's notice. So, it's been requested but has not been accepted. Sorry bud.

Hopefully we can see some of these suggestions used. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Nick said:

I've actually considered doing something along the lines of riddles, personally, as a way to give some expensive items to people who can critically think.

The weekly events listed here:

I have begged Alex for months to add commands for Sam and himself that allow them to modify variables such as these at a moment's notice. So, it's been requested but has not been accepted. Sorry bud.

Hopefully we can see some of these suggestions used. Thanks.

Were none of them accepted? Cause we really need some event that can be done by simple variable modification, as it allows the staff to take some time off from hosting events while the community can still enjoy the automated ones. The "Dream Goal" is to have fully automated events that everyone can enjoy and rotate every two weeks. That gives enough time for users to grind, but also enough time to forget and prepare again.

Weekly events for sure!

Perhaps a weekly world event would be a good addition to the game. Players could choose a faction to side with (from a god emissary perhaps) and earn "loyalty points" for killing monsters aligned with opposing factions (such as in god wars dungeon). Players could use points to unlock new titles and cosmetics, maybe even a chance at coins or xp lamps.