Paramore

PK Mode

I'd love to see a mode where PKing could be a viable option for those who want to do it. Similar to how Dung has a mode where you become maxed, I wouldn't mind seeing a PK mode where trading is locked (similar to Ironman).

How It Should Start

Players should be able to talk to an NPC that lies in Edgeville named Mr. Ex. This NPC should allow players who want to play this mode to enable it, however, it's irreversible. Afterwards, the rules for the mode (my idea of it at least) are below.

My Ideas for this Mode

1. In this mode, you'd be able to spawn, but, you would not be able to trade. However, you'd only be able to spawn certain items. Things such as Coins, Chaotics, Raids Gear, Donation Gear (anything able to be obtained by donation), PVP Armour, AFK Store, Boss Drops, and the Blood Money Store items are not able to be spawned.

2. You cannot use normal shops other than AFKMan Dan, Skillcape Shop, or Bloodmoney Store. This mode should also be barred from GE for very obvious reasons.

3. Same EXP rates as hero for combat, although, you'd have the same EXP rates as an Ironman/Legendary for skills (since you can spawn of course).

4. Items from death are only visible to those who are in this mode. Other modes will not be able to pick up or see anything from PK mode accounts. This will ensure that people in the mode who see someone with an Ely can pick up their Ely and enjoy their day.

5. Wilderness Bosses would be approx. 20% more difficult for those in this mode.

6. Wilderness Resource areas would deplete/despawn faster for those in this mode.

7. Combat inside of the Wilderness would be increased EXP rates for those in this mode and would have decreased rates outside of it. For example: inside of the Wilderness these players would gain x150 Combat EXP, however, outside of it they'd gain x20 combat EXP. This is to ensure that they are choosing the wilderness as their sole option.

8. Slayer would only be allowed from the Wilderness Slayer Master in Edgeville. Creatures that require you to be on task outside of the wild would not have that limitation for those in this mode.

If the mode cannot be made into the Normal Game

If it seems to be challenging to implement this into the normal world, I would not mind seeing a separate world for PKing only. Everything above would be different if the PK world is implemented. Trading and another eco would fair nicely in the PK world.

Let me hear your ideas and thoughts!
Thank you,
Paramore.

Interesting, but what if Im a normal player and I pk someone who is a "pker" mode with spawned items? Ik u said that we wouldnt get items but then what would happen the other way around, or what would be a point to real pking if we just have nothing to benefit?

17 hours ago, Sam said:

Interesting, but what if Im a normal player and I pk someone who is a "pker" mode with spawned items? Ik u said that we wouldnt get items but then what would happen the other way around, or what would be a point to real pking if we just have nothing to benefit?

I noticed this flaw when I wrote it. I suppose the gain would be that items that they couldn't spawn and had to gain would appear and everything else would be destroyed. I think that'd be fair. Considering that I think if they were able to spawn boss drops or donation items it'd be pointless for the mode to exist.

So, in retrospect, they'd only be able to spawn basic items such as food, minor gear, and what not. This would allow them to be able to engage in PK fights with others, however, it would also allow for the others to have a reasonable fight with some reward.

What I mean by this:
- Pk Mode guy has an AGS that he got from bossing and gets killed by a normal player. The PK mode player would have a spawned outfit (such as say rune/zerk helm) and the AGS on him. The normal player would be able to see the AGS after the kill and obtain that item since it's brought into the ECO normally rather than spawned. This is just an example so it's quite poorly explained of course.

-The way you'd probably look to code this is to have certain names excluded from the "destroy" portion of the mode. These items would be that of which can only be obtained by playing rather than spawned. As I listed above, all boss drops, AFK Store, Donation Store, Minigame rewards, Dung Gear, Coins, Raids Gear, and Blood Money store items would NOT be able to be spawned.

Edited by Paramore

I'd rather see a separate world (2) with all content available, only difference between the two would be that you're able to spawn in world 2. If you want to spawn higher tier items you'll need a certain donor rank in-game (note that your donor rank would be available for your specific acc in both worlds). 

This could attract both pkers but also those seeking to go out and boss right away or simply use W2 in order to practise certain bosses and so on. 

The coding aspect of this suggestion is simply a bit too big compared to making a new world for this matter due to the various amounts of exploits and bugs that could come along with it.

Edited by Pvm M4st4

11 hours ago, Pvm M4st4 said:

I'd rather see a separate world (2) with all content available, only difference between the two would be that you're able to spawn in world 2. If you want to spawn higher tier items you'll need a certain donor rank in-game (note that your donor rank would be available for your specific acc in both worlds). 

This could attract both pkers but also those seeking to go out and boss right away or simply use W2 in order to practise certain bosses and so on. 

The coding aspect of this suggestion is simply a bit too big compared to making a new world for this matter due to the various amounts of exploits and bugs that could come along with it.

Yeah, I fully agree with this right here.