Posted (edited)

Ironman Starter Guide / Tips for beginning an Ironman Account
Hello Everyone. Here I plan to give some starter tips and advice as well as cover things that I had trouble learning when I first started my ironman journey. Note : This is mostly a starting out guide for new ironmen accounts, if I think of anything in the future I will gladly update it on this same post! Feedback is appreciated!

First things first - Voting

Make sure you vote everyday, xp is extremely important as certain xp methods and items are rather difficult to obtain for us ironmen. The 250k cash from voting the first site 5 times will also provide you the coins to buy some starting gear *As well as helping out this awesome server! :D*. Hey, you never know, one day you might land that lucky divine spirit shield with the Squeel of Fortune spins and be set for life ;p.

Second - Filling up your toolbelt. 

Go to ;;shops and trade the skilling master and make sure you completely fill up your tool belt, this is a must for ironman mode. Items you should have in your toolbelt

- Bronze pickaxe, hammer, chisel, bronze hatchet, knife, tinderbox, saw, pestle and mortar, Machete, watch, chart, shears, noose wand, fishing rod, small and big fishing net, fly fishing rod, harpoon, lobster pot, barbarian rod, needle, glassblowing pipe, amulet, bracelet, necklace, ring, and bolt mould, (ammo if you wanna make cballs but I don't tbh), Rake, seed dibber, spade, gardening trowel, secateurs. *NOTE: Not all these items listed are in the skilling shop, however these are items that will greatly benefit you if they are in your toolbelt.

*You shouldn't need secateurs because MAGIC secateurs are very easy to obtain. Teleport to Port Sarim lodestone, run north until you are surrounded by multiple wizards of different elements, talk to one of the wizards (I forget which specifically, sorry) and buy the secateurs for a cheap 1gp!)

Three - Important shops

These are most of the shops that ironmen can currently access and will benefit you greatly for the upcoming future.

image.png.7e334449fef0c24d18a2f4d66e9a4977.png 

Buy yourself a Dragon Scimitar from the Monkey in the Varrock sword shop for 100k cash. Location - Varrock lodestone, run north, second shop on your left.

image.png.8cd8e1bdd09e532f3c7282dcf0ef08c9.png

Rune platebody and Green D'hide body from Oziach! Rune platebody - 65k cash, Green d'hide body 7.8k cash. Location - Edgeville lodestone, few steps north.

image.png.074072945f7a6e57274685ba00f081a6.png 

Rune Full helm and Rune med helm. Trade Peksa to and he just might sell you a rune full helm for 35k and a rune med helm for 19k. Location - Edgeville lodestone, run south to Barbarian village. 

image.png.e53d81d87635845faf13088435d2ef2c.png

Rune platelegs and plateskirt for 64k, rune chainbody for 50k, green d'hide chaps for 3900gp, vambs for 2500gp, coif for 200gp all from Scavvo. Location - Champions guild. Varrock lodestone, run a bit southwest, enter the first house and climb the stairs.

image.png.23a9b58c8bb113e7fcb6664029987c6f.png

Runes! All at the mages bank. Trade Lundail and buy away. Location - Blue portal, wilderness, mages bank.

image.png.fcc52c43457d06b15c102f9c190d899e.png

Runes! All at the mages bank. Trade Lundail and buy away. Location - Blue portal, wilderness, mages bank.

image.png.58b9d3bb8a27a9a791646b4a8c73c6c6.png

Arrow shop #1 - Lowe's archery emporium - Some arrows for starting until you can access the arrow shop in the range guild. Location - Blue portal, cities, Varrock, first shop a couple steps east.

image.png.b709e131f9845c9df03474f73c393ca8.png

Arrow shop #2 - Dargaud's (dope name) Bows and Arrows in the Range guild. Location - Seers Village lodestone, follow the southern trail, large area to the east. *40 ranged requirement

image.png.53353fd18a0ee1988487664a31cc6ef6.png

Steel nails. Only 52 gp ea, needed for construction. Location - ::wc, enter the gate, run very far east and trade the Sawmill operator. * 60 woodcutting requirement.

image.png.f8262acae5658bf34ea3bf6d4d5ba623.png

Bronze, iron, steel, mithril, adamant, rune hatchets! All cheap! Trade Perry at the location - ;;wc, run far east, trade Perry towards the end of the guild. * 60 woodcutting requirement.

Four- Slayer. 

Slayer will be your main source of combat experience on your way to the top. Not only is slayer excellent for said combat training, but as an ironman even small tasks can benefit your account significantly, whether its kurasks for seeds and herbs, cave horrors for your black mask and seeds or even pyrefiends/cockatrices for medium clue scrolls (if you decide to grind for ranger boots.)

Tasks I do/did NOT skip.

> Cockatrices (Ranger boots grind)

> Cave horrors if you need a black mask.

> Aberrant spectres (I like the herbs ;p)

> Kurask  (Seeds, herbs, more)

> Skeletal Wyvern (I always love that slim chance of a visage, this task is where I actually got my DFS!)

> Spiritual Mage (Dragon boots, easy to get tbh)

> Abyssal Demons (Grind right when you hit 85 slayer!!)

> Cave Kraken (Full trident and whip tentacle)

> Smoke devils (Occult necklace)

Five -  Farming

- You should have herbs growing in at least 4 patches 24/7. Herbs are mainly for future potions, however if you strictly want farming xp trees are the way to go. For xp purposes, at level 72 farming you can plant calquat trees south of the fairy ring code CKR in Tai Bwo Wannai which give a crazy 150k xp per fruit pulled :O, beforehand herbs such as ranarrs, snapdragons, and more are very helpful. Farming is great for maxing your account as it kills two birds with one stone, providing easy farming exp and an excellent supply of herbs for herblore. (I did random allotments and early level herb seeds until 32 farming, after that you should be planting ranarr seeds for prayer potions.)

Six - Ironman Money Making.

- Money as an ironman is very important as it is the source of your main income of runes and some gear. Below are my 3 personal favorite money makers that have done the job so far for me.

1. Pest Control - Pest Control is an extremely fun event (In my opinion) that racks up not only some nice cash, but arguably one of the best ironman gear sets in the game, void. This is clearly killing two birds with one stone as you are rolling in dough, depending on the donation status you have you can obtain up to I believe 200k cash as well as unlocking a great gear setup you will be using for quite a long time. *I am also planning to host more pest control events in the future that can help out new players, not just ironmen, obtain their void. More people = quicker games, quicker cash, and quicker void (:

2. Venenatis - *You need antipoison, however kills are doable until you recieve a 10 antidote ++ drop. Although quite intimidating, especially as a new/newer ironman, venenatis is a wonderful boss that has amazing benefits not just in the money department. As for the cash gained from this monster, it has a drop table that can not only drop up to 200k cash, but also a chance at a 60 onyx bolt tip drop which alch for 5400gp each, having alched all 60, equates to 324k. Venenatis is my current favorite boss to do as it drops an assortment of goodies for ironmen.

Noteable Drops: * = Great drop.

> Rune Pickaxe (common)

>Chaos runes x400 (common), Death runes x200(common), Blood runes x200(common)

>Uncut Ruby x20 (common) Uncut Diamond x10 (common)

>Coins 150,000-200,000 (common) *

>Onyx bolt tips x60 (common) *

>Supercompost x100 (uncommon)

>Unicorn horn x100 (uncommon)

>Red Spider's eggs x100 (uncommon) * Great for herblore.

>Gold ore x250 (uncommon) * Best drop, great smithing xp in the short and long run.

>Magic logs x100 (uncommon)

>Treasonous Ring (Rare) *

>Limpwurt Roots x50 (rare) *

>Grimy Snapdragon x100 (rare) *

3. Back to slayer. Slayer is great money simply because of the rediculous amount of alchables you will obtain on your journey. All rune and dragon items you obtain that can be alched will surprise you as the money adds up eventually. 

Seven - Stealing Creations 

See ::Thread 1063 if you don't know how to do stealing creations, but stealing creations is a must if you are deciding to max your account. The tools you can receive will greatly help leveling up Fishing, Fletching, Woodcutting, Mining, Construction/Smithing, Crafting, and Hunter.

Here are some useful links to other guides/topics that you will be very useful as an ironman.

::topic 1063 - My Stealing Creations guide

::topic 648 for Black's Herblore guide. (Ironman friendly)

::topic 946 - Quest Requirements

I hope you enjoyed my little starter ironman guide. As I previously stated feedback would be much appreciated, currently the ironman community is slacking on our server so I hope my tips and tricks will bring a bit more people to the gamemode. This is my first guide and it took me quite a few hours to make, I apologize in advance if the layout or anything in the guide seems a bit awkward as I am still learning.

Hope you enjoyed! - Iron Classed

Edited by Iron Classed

This isn't really an Ironman Guide. More like a "Top 5/10 Tips and Tricks for new Ironmen". Good job anyways though.

Thank you, yeah this is just advice that I would have loved to know when I first started my Ironman. I might edit it in the future with a more advanced version.

Could help new ironmen to start getting to know our server.

Good work Classed.

Not a bad ironman starter kit, i'd say try to add some more formatting so it doesn't feel such a task to read it all :) 

I'm agreeing with Ryk that this is a cool Ironman Start up Guide, as mentioned i'd also love to see a bit more work with the formatting just to make it more eye catching and easier to follow.

Nice job tho. 

57 minutes ago, Pvm M4st4 said:

I'm agreeing with Ryk that this is a cool Ironman Start up Guide, as mentioned i'd also love to see a bit more work with the formatting just to make it more eye catching and easier to follow.

Nice job tho. 

18 hours ago, Black said:

Not a bad ironman starter kit, i'd say try to add some more formatting so it doesn't feel such a task to read it all :) 

Thanks for the feedback! :D I'll make my next guide like eye candy (;

You should showcase a bit more on how players can get the items for certain skills (Road to black dhide etc)

3 hours ago, d4ndyman said:

can you only make potions then or is there like a shop to get u started with a few prayer ones

Gotta make your own potions, for very early herblore you can buy a few secondaries at ::herb as well as vials of water, but other than that you need to make your own. Farm up ranarr seeds and pick up a bunch of snape grass on Waterbirth island for prayer pots.