Guideman Dan

Corp Beast [Solo Guide]

TayQ2hY.png
Welcome to another guide from Guideman Dan

Today I will be teaching how to kill the Corporeal Beast, a monster highly sought after for Spirit shields. 

Other notable drops include 175 Onyx Bolts (e) and regular spirit shields + holy elixir. You could even get lucky and get a pet dark core.

The fight is a rather time consuming one, but it is easy; it is also not cheap as you have to buy Brews and Restores.

Recommended Stats

• 90+ Hitpoints
  • 90+ Attack
  • 90+ Strength
  • 90+ Defence
  • 95+ Prayer 
  • 92+ Herblore for Overloads

To get there, simply use the teleport portal or a games necklace.

Gear- ranging from 2m to 70m setup

zhYfZrr9SdKdTkaiO6jwKA.png
(black dhide, guthans spear, 120 cape, dboots)

JTibDlIaR8yWQAUf_UaJsA.png
(karils, fury, guthans spear, fire cape)

w4STcpMWTL6xjHYLeQgN9w.png
(ganodermic, zamorakian spear, prims, bring (i), fury)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

rNJC7_dSRdyHxLkM7jEekQ.pngPJcdhW85SP2f7mfYrcw6qQ.png
(quick curses, inv with bgs spec wep)

Remember familiars cannot be bought inside the lair. However, there is a trick here:

oK5tGETySv_of_uYqsgSdA.png

To do this, enter the lair, go back out, wait for corp to come to the entrance. You can take things out of your familiar this way.

The fight

You want gear with high absorb magic stats. Corp hits very high with it's magic attack, so it is recommended to keep hpabove 650 at all times. Protect melee and never walk under corp or you get stomped.

Upon death, you spawn at Etceteria and can simply pick up your gear again (nothing despawns, untradables stay for a while)

The Dark Energy Core is NOT coded.

Only Spears deal full damage. Ruby Bolt special attacks work as well but it is not recommended unless you are with a partner.

image.jpeg

Edited by Atazoth

1 minute ago, Dashie said:

prot melee does not help against his melee attacks. please learn to corp. also as advnced as this server is it makes me cringe to see a few things like no core spawn or forcing yak to follow you in.

Sorry what...??? Not sure what type of corp you've been killing but protect from melee always worked against his melee attacks? 

20 minutes ago, Dashie said:

always meaning what? on here? because throughout history even prot mage helps more against his melee then prot melee. dont believe me go check both rs3 and osrs wikis. even if you do mean on here every server with this source has had it as well.

Can confirm protect melee does work and absorves 100÷ of its melee hit. As for keeping yak out its same on rs and also how corp was first soloed long ago. Check old YouTube vids from 2010 and you will see. Plus I used to play rs myself back then and can confirm.

As for core, thought we already had it but maybe it was disabled. Will rewrite it and add it once I have time.  Corp has just been a bit neglected as I wrote the boss fight back on 2012 and didnt touch it since then on preeoc version. 

14 hours ago, Onyx said:

Can confirm protect melee does work and absorves 100÷ of its melee hit. As for keeping yak out its same on rs and also how corp was first soloed long ago. Check old YouTube vids from 2010 and you will see. Plus I used to play rs myself back then and can confirm.

100%? more to add to my suggestion. thanks.

i am aware that 100% of my comment about melee prot is false. thank you for your time o_0