Tharrain

Iron Rain/Tharrain's Support Application

Username:

Timezone:GMT

Where are you from?
 UK - United Kingdom

How long have you been a part of Onyx?
 best part of 3 years with different aliases. Started the game as 'Arisen' and now am known as 'Tharrain' or 'Iron Rain'. My forum account was created in September 2018 however I played VERY casually in the first year!

How many hours do you spend online daily?
 Active hours 8-10+ (I work from home so I can always have a client open on the side)

Are you active both in-game and on our forums?
I make an effort to keep up to date on the forums however do not post as much as I should.

Why do you want to be part of our Staff team?
Suggestions are a big thing for me, I like taking on ideas and also giving my detailed opinions. I personally have suggested a good amount of things and understand the importance of having a staff member take in the communities ideas and wants; so this being said any suggestions a player may have I want them to know that I will take it on board and evaluate whether it would be a great idea or an idea maybe for a later date. 

How would you describe your strengths?
Community man, quick with responses, and going back to the idea that I can very easily have my client open all day and more to help with tickets and general questions.
I also enjoy making some Media content for Onyx, such as my 'Loot from series' found here Tharrain's media directory

How would you describe your weaknesses?
I tend to find I ask some questions that someone who has played this long should know the answer to; in reality I know most of the answers but sometimes the excellent staff are quicker than the wiki.. (Not to mention my PVP skills aren't quite up to standard these days)

Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have or had:
I work in the sales and marketing industry and manage a small team of 3 in my sales crew. 

Why should we choose you over another member’s application?
In my personal opinion my pms get enough action to cover me on the chat logs. Those who've pmed me asking questions would also agree that my answers and speed at helping them is on par with a robot made for shaming and congratulating noobs on their adventures. 

In a short paragraph, please explain what you’ll bring to the server with this position and what you hope to achieve:
If I am successful I'll bring what I already try to do. I'd welcome the new players showing a warm welcome as the face of Onyx and a pm always open for help, advice, questions or whatever anyone needs me for. I already get satisfaction from annoying the other staff members with my questions and now I can pass that knowledge down the line to the other annoying noobs like myself. (in a friendly manner ofc, I'm not Stoner)

Do you understand that if you break rules, abuse powers, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have possible further actions taken against you depending on your actions?
I have learnt in the past that my actions have responsibility attached and understand that muting Ext Stoner or especially Genetics is classed as abuse.
Edited by Tharrain

I've seen you help out more and more players lately, defintely standing out. You got some banter with you, but I personally know that it's just that... banter. So from my side, if the staff team needs an extra EU staff member you got my vote for a chance to show what you got. (This is my personal opinion, not from the whole staff team)

Has always been a huge help to me since i started last month. Also convinced me as a HCIM to buy the Looters ammy ASAP which was the best thing i did.

Good luck man - definitely deserved as you are super helpful.