boywonder97

Genetic's Support Application

Username: Genetics/Boywonder97

Timezone: Eastern

Where are you from? United States

How long have you been a part of Onyx?
I played Onyx for about 6 months before the reset and came back to the server about 2 months ago.

How many hours do you spend online daily?
I spend at least 8-10 hours online a day as I've been working from home and able to multi-task.

Are you active both in-game and on our forums?
I am, I haven't posted anything on forums yet but I'm always reading, reviewing, and just learning in general all of the guides/posts we have on our forums to better my knowledge.

Why do you want to be part of our Staff team?
The growth alone this server has achieved, the amount of fun and joy it brings me when I login, and the opportunity to be in a leadership role with something I have a strong passion for.

How would you describe your strengths?
I'm a very quick learner, I'm very stubborn so when I put my mind to something, it's going to be achieved.
I also have really strong social skills and a true desire to help whenever I'm able to.
When a new player logs in, I take great pride to make sure I personally help them and don't set every player on the same path. I like to ask them what they enjoy and see what their interests are before I give them a path to follow so it ensures they'll enjoy it and not burn out in the first day. 

How would you describe your weaknesses?
I haven't played OSRS as I was an EOC person, so my knowledge from in-game play on OSRS is a lack there. But, I've come a really long way just on learning TOB and many other unique things about OSRS and Onyx in general which allows me to help others in the best way possible.
I'm also a straight forward person which sometimes people don't like that. But I'd prefer to not beat around the bush.
I also don't attend every single event because I tend to be a do my own thing type of player. (Trying to attend more as of recently).

Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have or had:
I was in a support role on another private server a couple years ago so I feel like I have some good and some bad things I can share that I've seen in the private server world.
I was a logistics coordinator and then promoted to a supervisor within a start up company managing a team of 10 employees. I just recently was hired for the same position in a much larger company to be in full control of a team of 40+.
Sum of it all, I'm willing and able to work and prove that I have what it takes to make sure I do my part 110%.

Why should we choose you over another member’s application?
I don't have any outside world distractions besides for work/family that keep me from being on here giving my all to the community. 
I also have previous experience in this role so all you have to do is mold me to what you want from me. I know the language, respect, and responsibility this role holds and deserves.

In a short paragraph, please explain what you’ll bring to the server with this position and what you hope to achieve:
If selected for this position, my main thing is to just keep doing what I'm doing with new players, I really like connecting with them and giving them customized paths that suit their interests/wants. I feel like all of this help coming from a support team member might even impact them much more seeing that status next to the messages. I hope to help build this server as the #1 server on all advertising sites through honest gameplay and keeping players around to help us on that journey.

Do you understand that if you break rules, abuse powers, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have possible further actions taken against you depending on your actions? I understand and accept all conditions presented.

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon,

I've played RSPS for quite sometime, years to say the least. I've dealt with many support individuals and have met many great friends along the way as well. Seeing and hearing Genetics to apply for a support is one of the better Ideas I've seen come to this server. Granted everyone seems to be doing a decent job, so my personal opinion should be taken into account being a newer player. Genetics has done nothing but make my character advance in this game, he provides knowledgeable information and even explains in detail if I'm still unsure.

Adding Genetics into your support staffing will only improve the server, and as supports jobs are to help. This is a great person to use for improvement. 10/10

Edited by deitice
Submitted to early.

Good guy overall, never seen him having problems with anyone. 
Good looking application and goodluck man!!