Ion

Ion's Support Staff Application.

Username: Ion / Fedex
Timezone: MST (GMT -6)
Where are you from? Originally from Pennsylvania, moved out to Arizona in June.
How long have you been a part of Onyx? On and off since August of 2018. Looking to get back and actually stick around this time though.
How many hours do you spend online daily? Currently 8+ a day. But once I go back to work (currently on quarantine due to having the rona) it'll be about 6-8 a day.
Are you active both in-game and on our forums? Not as active on forums, but not to hard to get back into. :D
Why do you want to be part of our Staff team? Honestly, I'm looking to just help support the server in more than just donating. And having a staff role I feel will help me do that. By being able to give the support needed in whichever areas.
How would you describe your strengths? I'm a very social person, a troll at times to be honest. But very social. I've also been playing RS for roughly 15 years or so, so I guess I would be qualified as "very knowledgeable" on most of the server related items & such. And in the time I've played the server, I've learned a lot about all of it & looking to learn more of what comes and changes with all of the updates being brought out.
How would you describe your weaknesses? I would say the biggest part is me being a troll. As some times, it goes a tad too far. Aside from that, would be the lack of content of accomplished on the server, even though I have most of the knowledge. Which is just due to me being a lazy Ironman. And me trying to convince people to dice everything they own.
Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have or had: I am currently a supervisor at Fedex, over looking roughly 15 people. And I also help run and manage a OSRS services discord, where I'm handling another 8 or so people as well.
Why should we choose you over another member’s application? 
Personally, I just think being a part of the Server Support would be really rad, and I'd get to help out the server in more than donating, like I said before. I've also always had a knack for helping and wanting to help. It's also a good comfort thing to know that if say another staff member isn't on/afk and I happen to be around, the players will be able to reach out and have an extra person to help them out.

In a short paragraph, please explain what you’ll bring to the server with this position and what you hope to achieve:
Honestly, I'm just looking to help the server grow. Whether that be by hosting events, attending them, or just helping the player base out as a whole. Which regardless of being a part of the Staff team, I'll be doing anyways. One of the biggest parts of keeping an RSPS alive is having a strong community which we already have, and I'm hoping to be apart of the reason it becomes stronger, and our player base grows more.

Do you understand that if you break rules, abuse powers, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have possible further actions taken against you depending on your actions? Of course, it's only expected. 

-------------------------
-------------------------

Hey Ion,

From what I can tell you are a very supportive and active player. I tend to wait for community feedback regarding applications along with seeing the need given our team size: player ratio. Unfortunately there's not much feedback regarding this application, and recently repromoted someone who was staff with me for a year. You are a great candidate however and I would like to inform you about the event organizer role we are opening, it allows players to have permissions to host and organize events. Good way to gather up the community. I would recommend to continue to be as stand out as you have been along with helping players. Perhaps revisit the support position in the near future or reach out to me and perhaps you can be an event organizer :) 

Ps: I think you have some good ideas for our discord, I would like to use some of them, perhaps we can speak this week?

For now I will be denying this application, feel free to reapply in due time however, and perhaps we can find a fit for you as a side role?

Thanks,

Zio