Oscar

Oscar's [DISCORD STAFF] Application.

*NOT SUPPORT STAFF APPLICATION*

*I AM APPLYING FOR DISCORD STAFF POSITION*

• Username: Oscar
  • Timezone: Eastern Time Zone.
  • Where are you from? Venezuelan / American  -- (English, Spanish and French)
  • How long have you been a part of Onyx?  1 Month & 2 Weeks.
  • How many hours do you spend online daily? 7 to 10 Hours Daily.

Are you active both in-game and on our forums?

Absolutely, I have been a big supporter in re-vamping our Forums. I have done my very best to post content daily on our forums. In-game, I am very active. Like mentioned above, I spend anywhere around 7 to 10 hours online daily.

Why do you want to be part of our Staff team?

Hospitality is in my genes. Giving out excellent service is something I’m set out to do naturally. Giving ONYX an edge in providing timely support and staff to our Discord Server will allow ONYX to give out that excellent service all players deserve directly focused in our Discord Server.

How would you describe your strengths?

Representing a brand or organization in a leadership or staff position is something I have been doing for a long time. Being General Manager to three night-life venues in real life.. has given me the power, capability and dignity to execute goals, service and demand. In direct relations to the position, I have co-owned Discord Servers with over 180 active members. I’d love to bring my experience to the table for the ONYX family.

How would you describe your weaknesses?

My blunt, straightforward nature has allowed me to succeed over the years as a team manager, because I'm able to get things done efficiently, and people often appreciate my honesty. However, I've recognized my bluntness doesn't always serve my employees well when I'm delivering feedback. To combat this, I've worked to develop empathy and deeper relationships with those I manage.

Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have or had:

I have been a General Manager for three night-life venues giving me the direct experience in leadership, motivation and decision making that is required to take on any role that requires shot-calling and executing tasks/goals.  I have been co-owner to efficient Discord Server hosting to over 180 active members daily in FPS & MMORPG games.

Why should we choose you over another member’s application?

I feel confident that I will fulfill the job because of my ability to deliver with my direct experience in leadership & management. All good candidates deserve a decent consideration. I know many will be great for the task. I’d be a great fit for Discord Staff due to my dedication in being active on Discord.

In a short paragraph, please explain what you’ll bring to the server with this position and what you hope to achieve:

I would like to bring more traffic to our Discord Server by bringing great ideas and technology that is interactive with our members. I will task myself in studying the latest and greatest in Discord related Apps & Bots to assure we are geared up to serve our community with the best. I will make sure anything related to help & support in our Discord Server gets handled directly or taken up to the proper person. I’d be helping with rank requests from in-game members and communicating/curating to our regulars that voice-chat in our Discord to further develop relationships from staff to our loyal members.

Do you understand that if you break rules, abuse powers, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have possible further actions taken against you depending on your actions?

Understood, I am a firm believer in the right candidate deserves the role and the growth. Showing dedication and ability to execute tasks/goals is crucial. I understand what responsibilities this role will come with and the respect that I must dedicate to our name as ONYX.

king_oscar_banner_onyx_rsps.thumb.png.41ebd95d92dc3ddbb548abea52cef998.png

10 minutes ago, Hakthewall2 said:

those responses are solid bro, hope you get the position. 

Thank you Hak! Much appreciated. 😀

I'm a returning player to ONYX from when I started 1 year ago. I never really played during the time right after the server reset because I started my first year of university so I ended up forgetting about ONYX. Regardless, I remembered that I loved the server and I came back approximately 3 weeks ago. Upon starting playing again, one person I saw that was always active and helpful was Oscar. He always answered mine + other's questions and I realized he was a genuine and knowledgeable player. I never really was active in any discord's other than the ones with my close friends. When I would join calls and chats with Oscar, he welcomed me with open arms and I got to know that he's super funny and easy to approach. I see him as a leader because his organization skills + knowledge of the game actively contribute to how he gives back to the community. Hands down I can vouch for him as a player of ONYX and as a person. 

2 minutes ago, Slav said:

I'm a returning player to ONYX from when I started 1 year ago. I never really played during the time right after the server reset because I started my first year of university so I ended up forgetting about ONYX. Regardless, I remembered that I loved the server and I came back approximately 3 weeks ago. Upon starting playing again, one person I saw that was always active and helpful was Oscar. He always answered mine + other's questions and I realized he was a genuine and knowledgeable player. I never really was active in any discord's other than the ones with my close friends. When I would join calls and chats with Oscar, he welcomed me with open arms and I got to know that he's super funny and easy to approach. I see him as a leader because his organization skills + knowledge of the game actively contribute to how he gives back to the community. Hands down I can vouch for him as a player of ONYX and as a person. 

Thank you for this..! Wow. Means a lot brother. When we met it was instant good vibes all around..! So happy to be your friend and someone you can easily talk to on Discord and in-game. You the best! Blessings all around. 🤩😀

+1, straight up oscar been one of the nicest people to me, any time i ever needed anything or had a stupid question id ask them and they would help me with no problems or second questions asked. in fact anyone else but oscar would be a mistake for the discord position 

side note hope you get it <333 all love buddy

1 minute ago, crystal bow said:

+1, straight up oscar been one of the nicest people to me, any time i ever needed anything or had a stupid question id ask them and they would help me with no problems or second questions asked. in fact anyone else but oscar would be a mistake for the discord position 

side note hope you get it <333 all love buddy

You have been real with me! Appreciate our friendship we have made on here... Nothing but love, good vibes in game with you for sure! Thank you brother. 😁😀 

Posted (edited)

I haven't been around an RSPS player from the years I've been involved in multiple servers as dedicating to help you and open to conversation as Oscar. Re-joining RSPS after many years of retirement (if you want to call it that)  I was very lost in what to do, how to do things and what's efficient. Oscar has not seem to be frustrated by questions asked by community members and doesn't neglect any person, no matter who it is. He's open arms to all the people on this server and for that, he's appreciated by a lot of us newcomers and even Vets!

All the lucks to you brother, hope you get accepted man!

Edited by Steady

36 minutes ago, Steady said:

I haven't been around an RSPS player from the years I've been involved in multiple servers as dedicating to help you and open to conversation as Oscar. Re-joining RSPS after many years of retirement (if you want to call it that)  I was very lost in what to do, how to do things and what's efficient. Oscar has not seem to be frustrated by questions asked by community members and doesn't neglect any person, no matter who it is. He's open arms to all the people on this server and for that, he's appreciated by a lot of us newcomers and even Vets!

All the lucks to you brother, hope you get accepted man!

Steady! Glad we met and I am beyond happy to help you with all your questions and concerns. Was fun doing bandos tonight. We will get you the gear brother count on it! Your words mean a ton to me... thanks for that. Count on my friendship on here. Blessings! 😁😁

you have been such a big help to me since i have started this game around the ending of june, the day i joined you showed me what to do where to level and different commands, you gave me some starting stuff to help me out on my leveling journey :) you have also helped me do some bossing! you definitely deserve this position. good luck :) - Katie

Posted (edited)

Hello Oscar,

Here are my thoughts on your bid:

• First and foremost -- I'm unsure of whether Onyx decision-makers see that they need a Discord Manager.
  • However, I can envision a scenario in which you would relieve Monk/Zio of extra work. This is good.
  • I'm assuming that you would be my counterpart on Discord to organize and relay information.
  • In that case, I believe that you and I would collaborate on certain things to help the player base.

• "I have co-owned Discord Servers with over 180 active members." -- I think this is a good qualification.
  • You've been a very helpful player to many others. It is surprising how quickly this thread was filled with support.
  • Additionally, I can't recall a time when you've mouthed off to others. I envy you on this front.
  • I'm very much a fan of your impeccable grammar in the OP. Suggests that you are detail-oriented and won't fuck around.

• One last thing, which I was impatient about and got burned for. Applications like this could be responded to in ~7-14 days or so.
  • I've alerted Staff Chat that you have applied, here. But Zio & company are kickin ass major ass right now.
  • Lots of high impact, high quality updates & plans right now, so don't take it personally if this application decision takes a minute.
  • If he takes 2 weeks, it's because we have some AWESOME shit coming. So, I suppose, you win either way. :)

TLDR:

• If you are denied the position, I think it would only be because the brass don't see a use for the role.
  • Be patient & Best wishes.
Edited by Soulgazer

5 hours ago, Queen said:

you have been such a big help to me since i have started this game around the ending of june, the day i joined you showed me what to do where to level and different commands, you gave me some starting stuff to help me out on my leveling journey :) you have also helped me do some bossing! you definitely deserve this position. good luck :) - Katie

Katie thank you so much! I admire your friendship and your kind words. Its been a lot of fun, can't wait to further help you with your gear..! 

1 hour ago, Soulgazer said:

Hello Oscar,

Here are my thoughts on your bid:

• First and foremost -- I'm unsure of whether Onyx decision-makers see that they need a Discord Manager.
  • However, I can envision a scenario in which you would relieve Monk/Zio of extra work. This is good.
  • I'm assuming that you would be my counterpart on Discord to organize and relay information.
  • In that case, I believe that you and I would collaborate on certain things to help the player base.

• "I have co-owned Discord Servers with over 180 active members." -- I think this is a good qualification.
  • You've been a very helpful player to many others. It is surprising how quickly this thread was filled with support.
  • Additionally, I can't recall a time when you've mouthed off to others. I envy you on this front.
  • I'm very much a fan of your impeccable grammar in the OP. Suggests that you are detail-oriented and won't fuck around.

• One last thing, which I was impatient about and got burned for. Applications like this could be responded to in ~7-14 days or so.
  • I've alerted Staff Chat that you have applied, here. But Zio & company are kickin ass major ass right now.
  • Lots of high impact, high quality updates & plans right now, so don't take it personally if this application decision takes a minute.
  • If he takes 2 weeks, it's because we have some AWESOME shit coming. So, I suppose, you win either way. :)

TLDR:

• If you are denied the position, I think it would only be because the brass don't see a use for the role.
  • Be patient & Best wishes.

Soulgazer..!

Thank you for your time and efforts in making this for me...

Showing me all the key points in all aspects. I can't wait for these changes so come!

If the help is needed on the Discord platform side of the community to give that extra hand to the community, count on me to be there! 

Blessings my friend no matter what we family! 😀

yeah man good app, youre a cool person from what ive seen, id rather see you in a global role supporting with ingame and forums too, i hope you get it. 

would be cool if you had played longer but its evident you are active which potentially negates the former point

2 hours ago, Doctor Robert said:

yeah man good app, youre a cool person from what ive seen, id rather see you in a global role supporting with ingame and forums too, i hope you get it. 

would be cool if you had played longer but its evident you are active which potentially negates the former point

Doctor! How are you?! 😁

• Thank you for the kind and constructive comment! From the current time I have, i'm on that grind to be active as if I were around for over certain time! 
  • I am definitely open to any role given that I could use my skills to help further develop the community as a whole!
  • Mad love to you..! Catch you in-game my friend..!

IN GAME NAME - Boywonder97

In regards to Oscar, man, I played back before the reset and never really planned on returning. Upon returning, out of his own kindness he must've noticed I was "new" and offered some tips. As a returning player and an avid private server player, I've learned that there's real and fake advice, surely I could tell his was not fake advice. It was like I was dealing with a teacher in high school, he didn't just want me to know the knowledge, but he asked me to demonstrate that I understood it and provided me HONEST feedback. It's hard to find honest people and when you do, (in my opinion) I feel they should be apart of the leadership team because that's what keeps players logging in and contributing. I just recently blasted him with a million questions on what to donate for and what are some smart moves, rather than saying "Just do what you feel" he gave me the pointers I was hoping for based on his experience and knowledge of the ever evolving game. Truly a leader the world of Onyx deserves and once again (in my opinion) NEEDS.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:40 AM, Jeric86 said:

Give this man a small loan of a million dollars and his position man, gg oscar for staff lezzgo

Hey Jeric..!

• Definitely a pleasure meeting you!
  • Thank you for the support my friend. This feedback only makes me happier and more motivated.
  • Catch you in-game my friend..!

23 hours ago, boywonder97 said:

IN GAME NAME - Boywonder97

In regards to Oscar, man, I played back before the reset and never really planned on returning. Upon returning, out of his own kindness he must've noticed I was "new" and offered some tips. As a returning player and an avid private server player, I've learned that there's real and fake advice, surely I could tell his was not fake advice. It was like I was dealing with a teacher in high school, he didn't just want me to know the knowledge, but he asked me to demonstrate that I understood it and provided me HONEST feedback. It's hard to find honest people and when you do, (in my opinion) I feel they should be apart of the leadership team because that's what keeps players logging in and contributing. I just recently blasted him with a million questions on what to donate for and what are some smart moves, rather than saying "Just do what you feel" he gave me the pointers I was hoping for based on his experience and knowledge of the ever evolving game. Truly a leader the world of Onyx deserves and once again (in my opinion) NEEDS.

Boywonder!

• Honestly, thank you for taking out of your own time in writing out this supportive feedback. 
  • You can always count on my friendship and my patience. Ask away man! I am learning as you are too with certain things. This is a journey for all of us...!
  • Hope your donation is coming along well and that you are excited to get your goodies to keep you going!! 
  • I'll be here always to support you... Blessings!

13 hours ago, hardcorehippie said:

this would be a great idea, hes always active and always willing to help all that ask!

All this learning is thanks to the friendship we have built and the positive impact we are slowly doing on the community..!

Oscar has helped me numerous times in my short period of being on Onyx, he has made me realize there is a lot of help on this server not by just himself but others as well. As stated above he plans to be the best he can with the experience he as put forth in previous application of such nature. I may be new but I know a good person when I see them! +1 for staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am new to the Onyx server. In saying that, Oscar has done nothing but answer all my questions in the friendliest manner possible and seems to always be happy to lend a helping hand! Definitely have my support.