Posted (edited)
Username:

SHN

Timezone:

UTC +1

Where are you from?

The Netherlands

How long have you been a part of Onyx?

I’ve been playing since January 2020. Not the longest but I’ve spend the hours ;)
image.png

How many hours do you spend online daily?

4 - 8 hours, more on weekends.

Are you active both in-game and on our forums?

I’m not as active on forums as in-game but when I’m not online in-game I always try to read everyone's messages in the discord channel.

Why do you want to be part of our Staff team?

I think I can add a nice part to the team as an EU player. Besides that, I want to show my what I am worth as a support person and earn the teams trust and respect to maybe in the future help at the development side.

How would you describe your strengths?

Within the ‘short’ time I have been active on the server I have got to know almost everything about it. I have been able to help new players find their ways and answer their questions. On a more personal note, I am a very helpful person and have always been taught to help someone where needed. I finished my college and am working for 6 months now as a Junior Java Developer at one of the biggest banks of the Netherlands. I think this shows I know how to operate professionally. I have never been known to be toxic on any game I played and am highly against any form of that behavior.

How would you describe your weaknesses?

Besides English not being my native language, I am also slidely dyslexic. With this I am saying that my spelling of words and sentences might not always be perfect. I see this as a weakness since it might be less professional for a staff member to make these mistakes.
Secondly, I am direct and not afraid to give my opinion about something. I do however respect someone else's opinion and am always in for a discussion.

Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have or had:

During my studies I have worked at a fast food restaurant as a deliverer. I was the leading deliverer and therefore managed the others in their work.

Why should we choose you over another member’s application?

I do believe my quick knowledge of the game and nature of helping others makes me suitable to be part of the staff team. Alex (DragonKK) and I have talked about some development topics and since he messaged me directly I think he finds me nice to talk to and trustworthy.

I hope all of this has said enough about me. If there any other questions I am always happy to try and answer them. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my application and wish you a very nice day ahead.

EDIT: reopened my application. Will fix some spelling and change the colors tomorrow (on phone right now).

Edited by SHN
reopening

+1

Definitely a cool dude, nice, and well known amongst the community. And nice to hear you can assist on the development side of things. Good luck :)

1 minute ago, Versacee said:

+1

Definitely a cool dude, nice, and well known amongst the community. And nice to hear you can assist on the development side of things. Good luck :)

Thanks Versace, means alot!

In my opinion to become a staff member you should be part of the community for much longer.

Know the server but also have the server know you well enough.

Judging by your application you seem very compatible for the job but since you've joined recently it's a no for me.

2 minutes ago, Dreamystoner said:

In my opinion to become a staff member you should be part of the community for much longer.

Know the server but also have the server know you well enough.

Judging by your application you seem very compatible for the job but since you've joined recently it's a no for me.

Thanks for your input, I do see where you are coming from and I would understand if the Staff team agrees with you. Knowing that I still would like to give myself a try.

got to talk to him ingame bunch of time :) awesome guy didn't you were java developer good to know that now we have something in common to talk about, i can see him as a staff member anytime he gives guides  any time needed :)

10 hours ago, kraken head said:

got to talk to him ingame bunch of time :) awesome guy didn't you were java developer good to know that now we have something in common to talk about, i can see him as a staff member anytime he gives guides  any time needed :)

Means a lot! Hope we can talk soon :)

Hey SHN,

I am pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Management Team.

When you see this please shoot Monk or I a discord message. We will need to run you through a Staff Handbook in order to get you familiar with the way we do things.

Congratulations!

//ACCEPTED