Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

Nerf Lightning Rapier (u)

It's ruining the game for everyone, even people who have it. Ask Han.

It's too powerful. It's attack speed is too fast. It's a one handed godsword that hits at Blowpipe rate with Korasi spec. It's too powerful and it breaks pvm and ESPECIALLY pvp.

Anyone who has one of those rapiers ruins any kind of bossing for the other person. They can turn off lootshare and just enjoy free loot every time. This is especially transparent at Ony7x boss and the Grim Reaper event.

Some asshole can come crash you at bandos without a familiar and just turn off lootshare and steal all of your kills and there's nothing you can do.

Agree, this server is climbing towards p2w and LLR is just absurd. I had a post on this but when someone went to approve it it got wiped somehow/for some reason hopefully it will come back

38 minutes ago, cigarette said:

Agree, this server is climbing towards p2w and LLR is just absurd. I had a post on this but when someone went to approve it it got wiped somehow/for some reason hopefully it will come back

Besides the rapier all other donor store weapons/gear/jewelry/shields/capes are available ingame.

6 hours ago, ext stoner said:

Besides the rapier all other donor store weapons/gear/jewelry/shields/capes are available ingame.

This is exactly why it's bullshit it's in game in the first place. "besides the rapier", guess what item people have an issue with? See the title of the thread. Also people aren't obligated to lootshare but of course they're not going to when they have a guaranteed p2w chance to get it.

Also regarding pvp, it's unfair that players can get 2shot in 4 game ticks from full health, and 8 ticks through protect melee. And 2 ticks if they protect melee but they spec. It's just fucking ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed in pvp. It NEEDS to be nerfed. There's no counterplay to this.

Edited by Bailey

Understand where you’re coming from, but hard to exceute. People have spent hundreds of dollars to get it, with the assumption it would be, and remain, at it’s current power.

I totally agree there should be changes made to the pvp aspect though, for as of right now pvp is dead, and though the rapier isn’t the only reason, it certainly doesn’t help.

6 hours ago, SLIME said:

Understand where you’re coming from, but hard to exceute. People have spent hundreds of dollars to get it, with the assumption it would be, and remain, at it’s current power.

I totally agree there should be changes made to the pvp aspect though, for as of right now pvp is dead, and though the rapier isn’t the only reason, it certainly doesn’t help.

The rapier acts as a normal rapier on pvp btw and grim reaper rewards are not damaged related. everyone has a chance at loot.

In that case I don’t really see an issue with the rapier in it’s current state. Thanks for clearing that up

10 hours ago, Dragonkk said:

The rapier acts as a normal rapier on pvp btw and grim reaper rewards are not damaged related. everyone has a chance at loot.

Normal Onyx boss is calculated off of damage and Galvek is calculated off of damage, that's what I was aiming at there. Besides this doesn't adress the point that the rapier isn't available in game and can only be bought, and is therefore the definition of pay to win. This is not the Onyx I joined way back when we didn't even have custom items yet.  Everything was fair. Yeah, you were able to buy a Tbow and instantly have a huge edge but you could get that Tbow yourself if you grinded for it and it wasn't gamebreakingly OP. Now we have people HARD AFKING Bandos with catalyst shield, ult bandos and rapier, getting loot and OUT DPSING people who are actively trying to get some loot in "normal" gear.

Also Rapier spec works in the wild and hits 70+.