Sign in to follow this  
R Q

Theatre Of Blood ~ loot rework

Posted (edited)

Theatre of Blood is one of the most end game PvM aspect of Onyx, and I feel personally that it should definitely have it's looting table reworked if that is the case. As it stands not only is it stupid rare to get tob drops from the game, but the base drops aren't really worth anything in themselves. You can't really do anything unless you're skilling. So here is what I propose......

- We add something called "raids item tokens" *I will personally help design these to make it easier on devs* These tokens will be similar to that of the barrows looting system as in you're rewarded upon completion of a raid.

- These Raids Item Tokens then can be spent at a shop *could even add to the shop that is already at TOB* Which could have the CoX and ToB loot in the shop + a cash out option for your tokens.

- Why implement this? This will make ToB more rewarding and attract more players to the raiding scene. For it being end game content I feel as tho this wouldn't be to broken and well balance if managed properly. This can also keep raids items at a balanced price too, maintaining that they hold their value.

- This would also work as a "anti-badluck mechanic" allowing those who have farmed tob with out a drop still able to get a reward for the grind.

- How would I balance them? *pricing wise*

- Raids Item Token - 6,000,000/Token (This averages to 18m/hr *if you can do 20 min raids*) This price seems more than fair for people who are able to get their time down to 20 min raids.
- Scythe of Vitur - 200 Tokens 
- Twisted Bow - 300 Tokens
- Sang Staff - 150 Tokens
- Ghrazi Rapier - 100 Tokens
- Avernic Defender - 100 Tokens
-Justiciar Helm - 50 Tokens
- Justiciar Body - 50 Tokens
- Justiciar Legs - 50 Tokens
- Kodai Wand - 150 Tokens
- Elder Maul - 220 Tokens
- Ancestral Hat - 100 Tokens
- Ancestral Body - 100 Tokens
- Ancestral Legs - 100 Tokens
- Dinh's Bulwark - 25 Tokens
- Dragon Claws - 25 Tokens

* These prices are subject to change, just thought I could give a base line and help as much as I can, I know a bunch of people who love ToB but it simply just isn't as rewarding as it should be in its current state. * 

* Thank you to @Alpha for working with me and helping me come up with token pricing. 
* As with any guide/post I make please feel free to message me on discord, forums, or in game if you have any questions/additions.

*UPDATE* I Did a quick Photoshop mock up of what I think the tokens should look like and here's what I got.

tj11Qt.png

Obviously this is just a quick mock up, I will go more in depth if that's what you like. Just base design atm.

Edited by R Q

7 minutes ago, Vincent said:

I'm down for this if we can also sell items for tokens at the same rate.

I wouldn't recommend same rate, but definitely agree with selling items back for like a 10% fee or something, I just feel that a 1:1 would be too broken.

I agree with this I feel like this will get the community more involved with raids and finally see some more end game items that were not donated for

Posted (edited)

I love this idea, no hands pls. But i don't think they should be tradable or sellable.
I'll just call out mass donators this time around and say; If the tokens are tradable you already know the people who are ganna be buying these and hoarding items (again).
And them being sellable to a shop isn't that big of a deal to me, but gold inflation can/will be.
Unless "well" is upgraded to not kinda suck and give endgamers more of an incentive (than a 5% drop boost) to drop gold into it.

Edited by Death

1 minute ago, Death said:

I love this idea, no hands pls. But i don't think they should be tradable or sellable.
I'll just call out mass donators this time around and say; If the tokens are tradable you already know the people who are ganna be buying these and hoarding items (again).
And them being sellable to a shop isn't that big of a deal to me, but gold inflation can/will be.
Unless "well" is upgraded to not kinda suck and give endgamers more of an incentive (than a 5% drop boost) to drop gold into it.

I agree with this for the most part, maybe we could take the tokens out of the store and just make it tradeable amongst players, to prevent gold inflation, but to actually make tob worth doing for the most part. Still giving those who grind tob a monetary incentive. I also agree with you that the well just simply isn't beneficial to endgame player for the most part, and does need a rework * which this would also help with gold inflation.

20 hours ago, R Q said:

I wouldn't recommend same rate, but definitely agree with selling items back for like a 10% fee or something, I just feel that a 1:1 would be too broken.

10% would be too low. Dragon claws are rare af from Tds, and selling it to that shop would only earn you 2.5 tokens ? Way too low.

Just now, Vincent said:

10% would be too low. Dragon claws are rare af from Tds, and selling it to that shop would only earn you 2.5 tokens ? Way too low.

1:1 would just be impractical and too broken. Nothing in any game is a 1:1 exchange rate the opposite way.

Just now, R Q said:

1:1 would just be impractical and too broken. Nothing in any game is a 1:1 exchange rate the opposite way.

I'm not saying 1:1. Could easily be 1:0.3 or 0.5

7 minutes ago, Vincent said:

I'm not saying 1:1. Could easily be 1:0.3 or 0.5

I said a 10% hit, so that would make claws 20-22.5 tokens instead of 25, your math was backwards.

4 hours ago, R Q said:

I said a 10% hit, so that would make claws 20-22.5 tokens instead of 25, your math was backwards.

Oops, and how many tokens would you get from 1 raid ?

9 hours ago, Vincent said:

Oops, and how many tokens would you get from 1 raid ?

More than likely just 1.