Polemo Theos

Theos's Support Team Application

Posted (edited)
COLORED FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE!

Username: Hello, I'm Theos :D

Timezone: Pacific Time (PT)

Where are you from?: Originally from Boston, Massachusetts, but currently stationed in Washington State for work.

How long have you been a part of Onyx?:
I've been a part of Onyx for well over a year. Unfortunately I've had to take a few semi-extended breaks due to work and family emergencies, but I'm back and ready to RUMBLE!

How many hours do you spend online daily?:
I spend anywhere from 6-10 hours a day depending on the day and if work doesn't run late (usually once a week it does) online. I do my best to make sure that I'm always alert.

Are you active both in-game and on our forums?:
I had to create a new forums account due to being unable to recover my other one, but I can guarantee my activity on the forums will mirror my in-game activity! 

Why do you want to be part of our Staff team?:
I've been friends with the staff team for quite some time now and it would mean the absolute world to me to have new and older players alike know that they can rely on me to help them in whatever endeavors they may be currently faced with and if anything arises that I can't personally correct I possess all the resources and contacts to ensure that they are taken care of efficiently. Player satisfaction is my ultimate goal, nothing and I mean nothing brings more joy to my heart than putting smiles on the faces of our big Onyx family! :x

How would you describe your strengths?:
I'm a complete extrovert and with that comes my incredibly personable persona. I type fairly quickly and am an information sponge so that I may translate that to others who may not be informed on specific topics! I'm very approachable (as far as a mmorpg goes) and I feel like I've connected quite well with the blended community (new/old alike). I will take the time to make sure that each and every one who may be struggling with in-game or even challenges in real life know that I'm here for them and that they can 100% rely on me talk with them and see if we can find solutions. Lastly, I wouldn't say this is a strength, but I love Onyx and everyone who's part of our family!

How would you describe your weaknesses?:
I would say my weaknesses consist of slight tunnel vision when it comes to completing a task, but I've gotten better about my situational awareness (military has helped in this sense). Sometimes, and I know this may be overused, but I can "care too much" meaning that if someone were to bully/harass another player I absolutely will not stand for it. Negativity has no place here in Onyx and I will see to offenders of such be dealt with in a timely manner. I can sometimes be a blabbermouth and not type in complete sentences which may be perceived as spamming and I've noticed this so it will be corrected asap!

Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have or had:
I've co-owned, administrated, moderated and supported at least 7 other servers in my past 10 years of playing private servers. Luckily all "demotions" were due to personal resignation (my own accord) The longest I've held a position as a staff member was about 6-8 months. (it's been quite some time, but I think I'm ready for the responsibility again)

Why should we choose you over another member’s application?: 
   I'm not the most competitive person in the world, but when it's necessary I can always perform. I believe that with my experience and history with this server that I can bring quite a bit of "Muchness" to this wonderful server that others may not be able to. I am able to connect with practically every one and have been told on more than one occasion that I'm the "life of the party" B). I may be goofy at most times (mostly for comedic relief and keeping the mood light), but when I need to be serious I can flip like a switch. I'm not going to say that the others currently applying don't deserve the same opportunity as myself because that isn't true, everyone deserves a fair chance at a position on the staff team, but of the applicants I feel that I am most prepared for the responsibility that being a support team member entails.

In a short paragraph, please explain what you’ll bring to the server with this position and what you hope to achieve:
 I will provide the utmost positive and comfortable environment for the community so they feel welcome and able to express themselves during their times here on Onyx. I see absolutely no reason for negativity especially on a video game and as an older lad I feel that positivity is lacking a significant amount of online games and it needs to make a 100% comeback here! I also believe that people deserve to be punished outright for negative remarks because no one knows what's going on in everyone's everyday life because they could be simply having a bad day or going through a traumatic experience and be using Onyx as an escape from that. I will take as much time as needed to talk it out with the person and understand their situation because I can speak from experience that no one should be alone. We're all here together and should stick together, regardless of my position I will always be there for our community and you can ALWAYS rely on me! I love you all and hope that we, together, can achieve a loving and caring community that supports one another through any hardships they may be facing because who knows? Something could be brewing and you may not notice it right away, but at least you'll have a group of friends (FAMILY) there to help guide you through it!

Do you understand that if you break rules, abuse powers, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have possible further actions taken against you depending on your actions?
I understand completely. I'd also like to take this opportunity to THANK EVERYONE for being so kind and supportive to/of me during my time here on Onyx and hope that all my kind deeds are returned forward. I never ask for anything in return for what I do for others except that they show the respect and kindness that I have with them to others. Obviously I can't be there for everyone, but I can motivate people to have a similar mindset as my own, I feel that everyone can benefit from it.

(I leave you all with this wholesome meme feat. me, ya dog, Uncledaddy Theos!)

09ec60d079c0535ee9ea322090d9e52648ba567c9a1395809f4efc62b71f98c2_1.thumb.jpg.1bc1f9ee980b02074b1290a27537db69.jpg

Edited by Polemo Theos
More emphasis on key topics/words :)

def a +1. this app is very well done, i can vouch this man needs to be staff as soon as the team is ready for a spot!

I will begin this by saying.. Yes. This man has been a pinnacle in my and others experience playing onyx.  IF it wasn't for him my experience would have been dull and i never would have been introduced to how fun this server is.  He has bitten his tongue when people have been rude or simply just not cared and in turn showed them compassion. The position would be in good hands. This is my two-cents, but i am a newer player so that may weigh admittedly very limited.

3 minutes ago, Kitsuna said:

I will begin this by saying.. Yes. This man has been a pinnacle in my and others experience playing onyx.  IF it wasn't for him my experience would have been dull and i never would have been introduced to how fun this server is.  He has bitten his tongue when people have been rude or simply just not cared and in turn showed them compassion. The position would be in good hands. This is my two-cents, but i am a newer player so that may weigh admittedly very limited.

It weighs heavily with me, thank you very much for your kind words! Your feedback is most definitely appreciated. ^_^

55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

def a +1. this app is very well done, i can vouch this man needs to be staff as soon as the team is ready for a spot!

Thank you, Thomas! 

Posted (edited)

Would make the best of all staff members. Definitely worth it. Has been positive since day 1 always helpful, always super nice, always super fun, always super active.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU KIND SIR.

Edited by Summer

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 2:40 PM, Summer said:

Would make the best of all staff members. Definitely worth it. Has been positive since day 1 always helpful, always super nice, always super fun, always super active.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU KIND SIR.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the best, but it really means a lot coming from you! Thank you brother, appreciate the very kind input! :D

Edited by Polemo Theos
:)

Theos is an excellent player who's very friendly and always helps out a fellow player. He's the life of the party as they say haha. I vouch for him.

Theos,

I have personally known you for some time now, I believe you and I have just recently hit around a year of knowing each other. Over the course of this time I have gotten to know you for the energetic psycho that you are. You serve in the Navy, told me about your past, and overall have proved to be a character of liking to a majority of our community. You set a goal months ago, which was to constantly assist members of Onyx in an effort to increase our community, and eventually acquire a staff position. 

I believe you have what it takes to fill in the position correctly and effectively. Keep doing what you are doing, helping others and being active. Along with that, a staff handbook will be assigned to you outlining all the key points of being staff, allowing you to make sure all members of our community are settled.

We have a lot more to discuss, I will be reaching out to you through discord private messages.

Congratulations on being promoted to Server Support Theos!