Sign in to follow this  
DropsRS

Changing Game Modes after starting account

Posted (edited)

I think that it would be very beneficial for players to be able to make their game modes harder and easier after creation of the account.

I think that if you are going from a Harder difficulty to an easier one there should be no penalty. 

If you are going from an Easier difficulty to a harder difficulty you should have a reset in stats/quests. 

Edited by DropsRS

Currently, you are able to ::upgrade to an easier mode than you are currently on. The reverse, however would be a bit more tricky. I do agree if this were added that the account would have to reset, but it also comes with the problem of people resetting, then not liking the mode theyre on, and have now lost all progress. When I've seen this implemented in the past it comes with more problems than benefits and its generally just better to make a new account on a more difficult mode, should you chose to do so.

Is was s figure of s different server I played years ago, you states would simply scale when you changed modes going up or down.

However you could easily use the system in your favour, picking the easiest game mode quickly getting states to max and using bis/ best training methods. Then simply training pasted 99 in each skill untill you have enough XP to when to changed to the hardest mode you would still be 99 in all states but would not take you as long cus you used best training methods etc. There was a cost if I remember rightly it was like 50m to change mode. To be honest it was just abused to level quickly.