Sign in to follow this  
Summer

Hope the third one is the good one !

Name: Vince

Username: Amanda/Summer/Santa Claus/ L3vi.

Timezone: GMT -5 (East Coast Canada)

Language: French, English, Spanish

Where are you from? Quebec, Canada

How long have you been a part of Onyx? For about 4-5 months I think ? Need confirmation on that. About 143 days playtime.

How many hours do you spend online daily? Question would rather be I long I spend outside of the RSPS. I spend most of my days on Onyx and when I'm not, I still check the ingame-chat on discord and the forums to stay up to date.

Are you active on both our forums and in-game? Yes, I believe I consider myself active on both the forums and in-game. I might not reply to every single threads, but I do read them and get in touch with the suggestions, rants, comments etc.

Why do you want to be part of our Staff team?  I've asked staff team/owners for some stuff I could help with and reduce the quantity of work they have to do to deliver updates etc. I offered several times to create databases about anything ingame. Like, I want to help with the server. I really do. I think I'd be able to be a mediator between the community and the development team. It happened in the past that the community brought up ideas that were forgotten and I brought them back to reality and they were implemented. I.E. ::Nex, Completionist requirements thread, Barrows shop.

How would you describe your strengths?  I'm pretty easygoing. I'm chill and relaxed 97,78% of the time. I'm easy to talk to and I like to talk to everyone about anything. I like to get involved into activities if possible, ideas gathering. I'm trustworthy, loyal, helpful, understanding. I'm good at making attractive threads.

How would you describe your weaknesses? My reputation might not be clean due to passed events, but I surely worked on to re-establishing it to a more positive stance. One of my weakness is when someone pm's me for help, I feel bad to not reply to him. So I automatically reply unless busy pvmin'. I suck at coding.

What are some useful skills or qualities you possess? I speak french, english and a bit of spanish, so I have somewhat of a wide range of languages I can try to help people with. I'm someone patient. I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers. So I had to live with patience all my life. I'm not someone who can get mad over a personal insult very easily, at least way less than before. I'm always willing to learn new stuff, I'm someone that doesn't stop at the first obstacle. I do everything I can to achieve a goal. I think this 3rd application is a good proof of that.

Why should we choose you over another member’s application?  Everyone deserves a chance at something. No1sperfect. I think I've proven my helpfulness and loyalty to the server during that last year on Onyx. I think I can bring in some ideas and take actions to help the server grow, revive the forums a bit more. I think I'm pretty trusted in the community as well. Of course some people might have a grudge towards me, but at the end of the day, the whole idea is to remain a strong community.

Please describe any experience in leadership roles you have: (Either other servers, other games, etc) I'm the 2nd of a 6 children family, so cooperation has been a big part of my living. That is also something I consider important when working in a team. I've been server support in 3 other servers before and moderator in 2. I've been a helper in a french minecraft server for 2 months before getting promoted to Moderator of 1 of the 4 sub-servers we had at the time. That French server was averaging 250 players at once during the daytime and about 75-100 at night.

In a short paragraph, please explain what you’ll bring to the server with this position: I want to bring help. Newcomers arriving even more now, so there's more people to help. I have nothing against Classed, NGR, Spilly etc. They are doing a great job but I think that 1 helping hand might not harm. I also would like to introduce more contests. We have lots of events, but what about some contest to challenge the community and give everyone a fair amount of chance at winning some goodies in-game. I want to make Onyx as everyone's favorite server. I want to help make Onyx the GREATEST SERVER OF ALL TIME.

What do you hope to achieve if you are promoted? As mentionned above, I'd like to create a link between community's ideas and the developers. Whether it's by reformulating ideas in other words or just shooting out a new idea. I also have some activities in mind that would promote cooperation, events made for everyone whether you are a newb or an experienced player. I'd like to introduce a ''Questions of the Day'' kind of forum idea. To make the forums more active and help newcomers all at once.

Thanks for reading this application and for constructive feedback about it.

I truely support this application. This guys is always online ready to help and has alot of game knowledge. Good luck my friend, it's a matter of time for you being promoted.

One of the few standout players that I've seen that no-life the server and is always quick to respond to any questions in the cc. He took a good chunk of time to help me out on a lot of skilling questions and methods without me even asking. Easily approachable, knowledgeable, shows initiative, and is active. Has a lot of great qualities to share with the server under a staff position, best of luck man.

New to the server, didn't really know much so I messaged somebody who was ::yelling*, This guy helped me out a lot and continues to do so, he's probably the only reason I'm still interested in the server! I honestly thing this guy deserves to be a part of the staff team because he's so helpful to new players and is a generally nice person. Also his knowledge of the game/server is amazing. No matter what question I ask him, within 10 seconds he has the answer, doesn't need to look it up or anything.

On 2018-12-23 at 6:25 PM, Demeta said:

I truely support this application. This guys is always online ready to help and has alot of game knowledge. Good luck my friend, it's a matter of time for you being promoted.

Thanks Demeta ! means a lot to me 

On 2018-12-23 at 7:10 PM, tonic gin said:

support, can confirm helps new players a lot. also great knowledge of the game

Nice to see my help is welcome :)

On 2018-12-23 at 8:30 PM, Han said:

One of the few standout players that I've seen that no-life the server and is always quick to respond to any questions in the cc. He took a good chunk of time to help me out on a lot of skilling questions and methods without me even asking. Easily approachable, knowledgeable, shows initiative, and is active. Has a lot of great qualities to share with the server under a staff position, best of luck man.

Omega nolifes more than I do, but I'll take the vouch. Thank you !

On 2018-12-27 at 3:26 PM, stratusfall said:

New to the server, didn't really know much so I messaged somebody who was ::yelling*, This guy helped me out a lot and continues to do so, he's probably the only reason I'm still interested in the server! I honestly thing this guy deserves to be a part of the staff team because he's so helpful to new players and is a generally nice person. Also his knowledge of the game/server is amazing. No matter what question I ask him, within 10 seconds he has the answer, doesn't need to look it up or anything.

If someone doesn't get answers, they're more likely not going to enjoy being on the server and quit. That's not what is wanted on Onyx. Therefore, help is always wanted by new players and should be given :)

On 2018-12-28 at 1:03 PM, Doctor Robert said:

support this lad, a very cool and funny guy, knows a lot about the game and played for a long time

Almost at 150 days playtime ! Thanks for the vouch my dude !

5 hours ago, Didgeridont said:

big support, very cool, funny and friendly guy. Always very helpfull towards new players.

Cheers Doooo :) Appreciate the feedback !