Omega

Crafting Guide

Onyx Crafting Guide

Ekx4OKb.jpg

Hey guys ;) Due to common request here is my 1-99 Crafting guide. Hope it helps you out :)

I will be splitting this guide in 4 sections :

I - Bonus xp sources

II - Fastest / expensive route

III - Slower / cheaper route

IV - Gathering guide

I - Bonus xp sources

Before anything I'll be listing below the different bonus xp sources that you should try to get in order to level as fast as possible.

1- Sacred clay needle RXIR15V.png (+100% xp)

This item can be acquired at the Stealing Creation mini game (costs 20 points for a fully charged one). I'll link below a guide to that mini game.

2- Voting bonus (+10%)

Pretty straightforward, make sure you've voted in the past 24 hours to get an additional 10% xp boost whilst training. This bonus doesn't apply to extreme accounts.

3- Wishing well (+25%)

The wishing well is activated when someone donates to the server. You can check the quest tab to see whether the wishing well is active or not and how long is left until the boost runs out. This bonus doesn't apply to extreme accounts.

4- Bonus xp weekends (+25%)

Bonus xp weekends start every Fridays at midnight server time (you can check server time in quest tab) and last until Sunday midnight server time. This bonus doesn't apply to extreme accounts.

5- Donator ranks

Every rank from Sapphire and up gives you an extra 10% bonus xp (2% for extreme) up to 50% for Onyx (10% for extreme).

II - Fastest / expensive route

Level 1 to 7 : Leather gloves IyqMkHN.png or spinning flax zzQ5Qfz.png into bowstring nt9lnFk.png

Level 7 to 20 : Gold bracelets 6lLQw03.png

Level 20 to 27 : Cutting uncut sapphires suFnMHU.png

Level 27 to 34 : Cutting uncut emeralds myKRdyR.png

Level 34 to 43 : Cutting uncut rubies Lc4SOm3.png

Level 43 to 63 : Cutting uncut diamonds mdUkwGE.png

Level 63 to 66 : Green d'hide bodies xyolXjd.png

Level 66 to 71 : Air battlestaff n7fzprS.png made by using an air orb NU0G4hj.png with a battlestaff zFOIsQr.png

Level 71 to 77 : Blue d'hide bodies ZWXGxYX.png

Level 77 to 84 : Red d'hide bodies vgMy4YD.png

Level 84 to 99 : Black d'hide bodies IjwPBwi.png

III - Slower / cheaper route

Level 1 to 7: Leather gloves IyqMkHN.png or spinning flax zzQ5Qfz.png into bowstring

Level 7 to 89 : Gold bracelets 6lLQw03.png

Level 89 to 99 : Potion flasks Ncu11YT.png (requires 81 mining for sandstone)

You may also make some unpowered orbs nl3P8P1.png at level 46 crafting. This requires molten glass CnEJl0F.png and given that it can be pretty tedious to gather/make it is pretty unlikely that you will do 46-89 this way. I also recommend turning some if not all of your unpowered orbs nl3P8P1.png into air orbs NU0G4hj.png in order to craft some air battle staves n7fzprS.png.

If you happen to have some cut gems you can also craft bracelets that give more xp than regular gold ones

Level 23 : Sapphire bracelet 8QIWqUB.png

Level 30 : Emerald bracelet Gbr4sI3.png

Level 42 : Ruby bracelet O4uoeGz.png

Level 58 : Diamond bracelet S9KX2dq.png

You can of course do a bit of both methods shown here depending on what supplies you have.

Also note that every item that you craft may be sold to the Onyx guide at home (or alched for ironman) for a substantial amount of coins.

IV - Gathering guide

Flax zzQ5Qfz.png 

Zulrah drops 1K flax noted pretty commonly or you can also pick flax south of Seer's Village with the ::crafting command (pic below).

MhxHIdR.png

Leather F2oE3hD.png

Leather can be crafted by looting cowhides in the Lumbridge cow pen (blue circle in pic below) and then using the tanner in Al-Kharid (red circle in pic below).

fhzp8Ab.png

Gold bars ZlLbtdS.png

Gold bracelets are crafted by using a gold bar on a furnace (the one at Edgeville for example). A good way to obtain gold bars is killing Venenatis (location in pic below) which drops 250 noted gold ores and then turning these into bars.

7beMlJt.png

Molten glass CnEJl0F.png

This can be crafted by using a bucket of sand fdFQaL6.png with a soda ash SOwYTqQ.png on a furnace. Both can be bought at the charter npc in Catherby docks (pic below). Thermonuclear smoke devil boss also drops 100 of them noted. It can then be turned into unpowered orbs or others.

kAx3q9x.png

Dragon hides can be obtained by killing chromatic dragons but there are other sources from bosses :

• Green d'hide 8IdBJID.png : Nex (400 noted) / Corporeal Beast (100 noted) / Vorkath (25-32 noted)
  • Blue d'hide 3AvYwab.png : Vorkath (20-30 noted)
  • Red d'hide Pajh20h.png : Callisto (75 noted) / Vorkath (15-25 noted)
  • Black d'hide o9XIZxL.png : Zulrah (30-50 noted) / Vorkath (15-25 noted)

Red sandstone Z7Hgx6y.png

This is used to craft potion flasks and can be acquired at the Oo'glog red sandstone mine (red circle in pic below - you can use blue portal > skilling teleports > hunter and go south) or donator zones (both require 81 mining) and then turned into robust glass using the machine nearby (blue circle in pic below).

yTe9jJm.png

Air orbs NU0G4hj.png

These can be made at the air obelisk using the charge air orb spell (3 cosmic runes and 30 air runes per orb) with unpowered orbs nl3P8P1.png in your inventory. A quick way to get there would be doing ::slayer then teleporting to Vannaka and running northwest (pic below).

fgcVBbI.png

Battlestaves zFOIsQr.png

These can be bought at the Varrock Battlestaff store (pic below - 80 in stock which replenishes over time)

XWA4G16.png

Uncut gems suFnMHU.png myKRdyR.png Lc4SOm3.png mdUkwGE.png

These can be mined at the Shilo gem mining area (pic below). To get there you can use the blue portal > skilling teleports > Shilo gem mine. Most gems are also common drops off wildy bosses such as Venenatis/Callisto

zHyVRHa.png

Thanks for reading my guide I hope you found some useful info ;) and if you have any suggestion or question feel free to pm me/reply on this thread ;)

Maybe add in that making battlestaves are actually very profitable, as you can alch them for some nice gp and getting molten glass through thermy boss?

5 minutes ago, Omfg Rofl said:

Maybe add in that making battlestaves are actually very profitable, as you can alch them for some nice gp and getting molten glass through thermy boss?

Added both suggestions ty ;)

On 20/08/2018 at 6:35 AM, Iron Classed said:

Great guide as always my friend.

11 hours ago, ext stoner said:

great guide!

6 hours ago, Corper said:

Best guide of 2018.

Thanks for the kind words ;)