Theatre of Blood is one of the most end game PvM aspect of Onyx, and I feel personally that it should definitely have it's looting table reworked if that is the case. As it stands not only is it stupid rare to get tob drops from the game, but the base drops aren't really worth anything in themselves. You can't really do anything unless you're skilling. So here is what I propose......
- We add something called "raids item tokens" *I will personally help design these to make it easier on devs* These tokens will be similar to that of the barrows looting system as in you're rewarded upon completion of a raid.
- These Raids Item Tokens then can be spent at a shop *could even add to the shop that is already at TOB* Which could have the CoX and ToB loot in the shop + a cash out option for your tokens.
- Why implement this? This will make ToB more rewarding and attract more players to the raiding scene. For it being end game content I feel as tho this wouldn't be to broken and well balance if managed properly. This can also keep raids items at a balanced price too, maintaining that they hold their value.
- This would also work as a "anti-badluck mechanic" allowing those who have farmed tob with out a drop still able to get a reward for the grind.
- How would I balance them? *pricing wise*
- Raids Item Token - 6,000,000/Token (This averages to 18m/hr *if you can do 20 min raids*) This price seems more than fair for people who are able to get their time down to 20 min raids.
- Scythe of Vitur - 200 Tokens
- Twisted Bow - 300 Tokens
- Sang Staff - 150 Tokens
- Ghrazi Rapier - 100 Tokens
- Avernic Defender - 100 Tokens
-Justiciar Helm - 50 Tokens
- Justiciar Body - 50 Tokens
- Justiciar Legs - 50 Tokens
- Kodai Wand - 150 Tokens
- Elder Maul - 220 Tokens
- Ancestral Hat - 100 Tokens
- Ancestral Body - 100 Tokens
- Ancestral Legs - 100 Tokens
- Dinh's Bulwark - 25 Tokens
- Dragon Claws - 25 Tokens
* These prices are subject to change, just thought I could give a base line and help as much as I can, I know a bunch of people who love ToB but it simply just isn't as rewarding as it should be in its current state. *
* Thank you to @Alpha for working with me and helping me come up with token pricing.
* As with any guide/post I make please feel free to message me on discord, forums, or in game if you have any questions/additions.
*UPDATE* I Did a quick Photoshop mock up of what I think the tokens should look like and here's what I got.
Obviously this is just a quick mock up, I will go more in depth if that's what you like. Just base design atm.