- You may only have one key active per equipment slot at a time
- All keepsake key effects will be disabled upon entering the wilderness
- You must own the item that you are using the keepsake key on for the item appearance to be enabled. If said item is sold, or given back to a player because it was lent, the effect will be disabled until the item is back in your inventory or bank
- Mr. Ex is now at home and will reset all keepsakes you currently own. Warning: This option is meant for permanently disabling your current keepsakes and will require you to purchase the keys again upon doing so
- Fixed a bug caused by the last update which did not allow players to smith while having a full inventory.
- Added an option to filter all stat boosts messages written in chat by wearing any of the custom "ultimate sets".
- Fixed a bug where wearing full obsidian armor would give the respective set bonus to any weapon. This was changed so the set bonus will work with any TzHaar weapon just like RS.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to create a Soul Necklace. It may not be made by combining an Occult Necklace with a Soul Stone.
- Updated the quest tab to display if the current slayer task is from a slayer master or a wildy slayer master.
- Fixed the description of a fletching task to display it correctly as "string bows".
- Fixed a bug where the Wrath of the Horde Aura did not give it's respective damage boost while using melee combat.
- Added a global message that will announce whenever a player has completed all tasks on our Task System.
- Optimized a few formulas in the code which will boost overall server performance.
- Added an option to game settings to toggle cosmetic overrides on/off.
- Swap/Insert option now saves.
- Reduced the damage of all pvp custom-weapons in wilderness by 50%
- Added Rune Ores to the Donator Zone.
- Theator of Blood not counting as a Boss Slayer KC has been fixed.
- Removed Onyx and Bork from Boss Slayer Tasks.
- Fixed an bug which did not allow the Ghrazi Rapier to be placed in the Upgrade Chest.
- Fixed a bug where Bone Dagger (P++) would not attack.
- Weapon attacks styles are now saved based on weapon type when switching weapons.
- 7 replies
- 1487 views
- Add Reply
- Fixed Nex single zone bug
- Fixed a bug that spawned multiple Nex bosses
- Increased Chances of receiving a Nex Rare drop by 2x
- Increased chances of receiving a random Nex armor piece by 2x from a God Mystery Box.
- Loot-Share will automatically be turned on within a large radius whenever a staff ::event is being hosted.
- Fixed a bug when depositing max cash into the bank from the money pouch which caused coins to despawn.
- Boss Slayer Tasks will now award 50 slayer points for regular boss tasks and 100 slayer points for elite boss tasks.
- Ice Amulet has been given stats equal to an Amulet of Fury.
- The Cast speed of all Ancient Magicks spells has been Fixed. Cast speed was changed from 4 ticks to 5 ticks.
- Infinity Necklace has received a buff to match the equal stats of an Amulet of Fury and Looters Amulet; these changes reflect defense and prayer bonus.
- Decreased the damage of the following Dungeoneering bosses: Kal'ger, and Blink.
- Fixed the animation of the following Dungeoneering bosses: Undead Archer, Undead Mage from the Skeletal Trio Boss.
- Fixed a bug where the Crystal Chest would remain open after using a Crystal Key.
- The Fire Max Cape and Inferno Max Cape now collect projectiles (arrows, bolts, darts, etc.) just like the Max cape and Completionist cape with the Avas effect active.
- Fixed the Crashed Star from spawning in the old ::home, it will now spawn in our current ::home.
- Christmas theme at home has been removed. Mountain goats have migrated back to a colder climate, I hope they will return soon.
- Diamond Donator+ Perk has been added to allow infinite run anywhere outside of the wilderness.
- Rejuvination Pool has been added to ::dz.
- General Graardor now drops all Adamant Ore noted.
- Evil Santa's Reindeer has been fixed and will now fire two shots instead of one.
- Evil Santa's Gift has received a buff to its accuracy
- Quest Tab has been updated.
- Fixed a bug in which players would not receive KC in GWD
- Reworked the graphics of a few Ultimate Bandos and Ultimate Subjugation armor pieces to look more appealing.
- Fixed a bug where Ultimate Bandos Tassets did not appear in GE.
- Rune Pouch will now display all runes accurately within it's interface.
- Removed Pandora Chest from Home. Congrats to Redslayer for winning the Contest!
- Congrats to Han on receiving the custom pet of: lolthenkill for being the top monthly donator of November!
- 5 replies
- 1631 views
- Add Reply
- 5 replies
- 890 views
- Add Reply
ONYX II UPDATE #12: Keepsake Keys, Bank Place-Holders, Presets, New Loyalty Shop & Vote Shop, QoL/Bug Fixes, AND MORE!
January 29, 2020
Greetings everyone, I hope all has been well as we're now ready to launch a much anticipated update with multiple quality of life updates that you guys have been suggesting, so we delivered!
This Update will be focused primarily on QoL, but stay tuned as we wrap up Janurary and begin to start some content updates coming out in the near future!
Players will now be able to more efficiently organize their banks as we have integrated a placeholder system that remembers where you last placed an item. This will allow any items taken out of the bank to display a value of 0 while holding that item there in place! (placeholders)
Tired of your buddy wasting your overload dose by taking 5 minutes to gear up for Theator of Blood? Worry no longer, as we now have Presets available!
All players will have access to two preset slots
Saphire Donators will have access to five preset slots
Ruby Donators will have access to 10 preset slots
Zenyte Donators will be allowed to use presets anywhere that they may also ::bank, without having to be near a bank.
Keepsake Keys will allow a player to alter the appearance of any equipment slot to any item they own permanently. These keys will be valued at $4 each in the Donator Store and once used, the key will be consumed.
🏆Loyalty Shop Revamped🏆
Our main man, Loyal Dan, is back with a plan to make you a fan of a complete rework on our loyalty shop!
Loyalty tokens are awarded to your bank for each hour of playtime you have on Onyx. In addition to adding many new items we have also decided to reduce many of the previous items in there as well!
Keep in mind, all items on our loyalty shop are cosmetic without any stats!
🎟️Vote Shop Revamped🎟️
Additionally, we have decided to rework our vote shop to include a few extra skilling tools and reduced a few prices!
🌟Quality of Life/Player Suggested Updates:🌟
Onyx II Update #11: Ultimate Nex Armor Sets, Task System, New Staff/Onyx+ Donator Zone, New Quest Tab, QoL, and More!
January 9, 2020
Hello everyone! We would like to begin the second week of the new year with the introduction of Nex Sets, a new Staff/Onyx+ Donator zone, A new task system with awesome rewards and more!
⚔️Ultimate Nex Armor Set:⚔️
The Onyx Staff Team is proud to announce the completion of the Nex Armor Set! This will function in a similar fashion as the Ultimate GWD armor sets, allowing players a chance at upgrading regular nex items using the upgrade box for a 25% chance of success, or using an Upgrade Gem from the Donator Store for a 100% chance of success.
🏡Staff Zone/Onyx+ Donator Zone🏡
It has come to our attention that after all of the content that has been worked on Onyx over the past few years one thing has never received the full attention it rightfully deserved; Until now. I am proud to announce that the Onyx Staff Zone is finally up and running!
All skilling exp will receive a 10% bonus when skilling in any of the four floors of this area. The goal behind the new staff zone is to be a second home consisting of a few features already available to Onyx Donators+.
The Task system will be released featuring Four different categories of ranks ranging from Easy, Medium, Hard, and Elite. Upon completion of all tasks your account will receive a 5% Global Drop Rate Boost as well as many other rewards. Completing all tasks has also been added as a requirement for the Completionist Cape. Please see below for the full list:
Each individual task will award: One Small lamp.
Upon Completion of the full set you will receive: Rune Pouch
Each individual task will award: One Medium Lamp
Upon Completion of the full set you will receive: Greater Sharpshooter
Each individual task will award: One Large Lamp
Upon Completion of the full set you will receive: Bonecrusher Necklace
Each individual task will award: One Huge Lamp
Upon Completion of the full set you will receive: Enhanced Excalibur
🌟Quality of Life/Player Suggested Updates:🌟
December 16th, 2019
Hello Everyone! We hope you are all doing well and are getting ready for the holidays! Today’s update comes earlier than the holiday but brings Onyx its anticipated Christmas event filled with new items, a new boss, and more! Let get into the patch notes:
Evil Snowman Boss:
It’s that time of the year again. The time of gifts, gatherings, decorations, and most of all, Santa. On his way to deliver gifts to Onyx, Santa was abducted by an Evil Snowman that has since, spread an ice age on Onyx. Christmas is his holiday, and this year has taken all the gifts for himself. Defeat him for some juicy rewards!
1. Added the Christmas Event Boss, the Evil Snowman.
- This boss functions like our world boss. Every 2-4 hours, the Evil Snowman will come around and challenge everyone in game in a fight. There are no limitations to this boss event, however we recommend groups of multiple players aside from just a solo instance.
- The Evil Snowman has his own attack sets, but his unique mechanic is that each time he drops below a certain amount of health, he will spawn minions that will not only attack you but heal him.
- Minions range from Krakens, Ice Strykworms, Mithril / Frost Dragons, Wyverns, Snowmen and more.
- Upon defeat, all players who contributed to the fight will receive a reward from Snowman's Loot table.
- When the event is live, teleport to ::Xmasevent to participate, note that as long as you do damage of 1k/200k, you will receive 3m GP.
Christmas Mystery Box:
1. Added the new Christmas Mystery Box to our in-game and web stores.
- These boxes function differently from our typical boxes here on Onyx, similar to the ones seen in Halloween. When a player opens a box, he will not receive one reward, but rather three. A player will always receive an amount of cash, either a common or rare Christmas cosmetic (Or, if you’re lucky enough, the new Evil Santa pieces), and a valuable piece of weaponry / gear (Or, if you’re lucky enough, one of the new Evil Santa weapons.
New LIMITED-TIME Christmas Items:
1. The Santa set has been re-introduced on Onyx and is obtainable through the new event boss / boxes.
2. The Evil Santa Set (Evil Santa's Hat, Evil Santa's Robe Top, Evil Santa's Robe Bottoms, Evil Santa's Gloves, and Evil Santa's Boots) has been added as a possible rare reward from the new Christmas boxes and Evil Snowman Boss. This set is BIS and features a combination of Ultimate Bandos + Ultimate Subjugation Stats, similar to our Demonic Reaper Set.
3. The Evil Santa's Socking (New Warhammer), Evil Santa's Reindeer (New Crossbow) and Evil Santa's Gift (New Wand) have been added to the new Christmas Mystery Boxes and Evil Santa Boss. The Warhammer is an enhanced edition of the famous Statius Warhammer, dealing higher crush damage with the same defense lowering special attack costing only 25%, with an increased attack speed. The new Reindeer Crossbow will feature upgraded stats of the Dragon Hunter Crossbow, shooting 2x bolts at once, with an increased attack speed. The new wand is offers high magic dps with bonuses on magic damage %, it is the best wand in Onyx, surpassing our Kodai Wand.
1. Reboosted the Lightning Rapier, undid previous patch nerfs.
2. Fixed a bug with the Avernic Defender on our store.
3. Fixed Instances, allowing you to now join someone's instance.
4. Increase global drop rates overall.
5. Reduced Adamant and Rune Dragon's Defense.
6. Added the Max Infernal Cape.
7. Added Astors new Craw's Bow, The Night's End.
8. Added the Max Fire and Infernal Capes.
9. Turned on global snow and snowflakes, decorated home to match the Christmas Holiday Spirit.
10. Added support for texture models.
11. Fixed God Wars KC not being removed when you teleported out of an instance.
12. VIP zone now grants a 10% XP boost instead of 5%.
13. Reduced the price of Chaotics in our Dungeoneering store down to 1 Million tokens, originally it was 2 Million.
14. Added the new Wrath of the Horde aura as a reward from completing the horde. The drop rate for this aura is 1/2, or 50%. This aura grants an overall 5% increase in Damage.
We hope you all enjoy our Christmas Update, and wish you all wonderful holidays!
New Christmas Mystery Box / Gift:
New Evil Santa's Set with the new Evil Santa's Socking:
New Evil Santa's Set with the new Evil Santa's Reindeer:
New Evil Santa's Set with the new Evil Santa's Gift:
New Evil Snowman Boss:
New Wrath of the Horde Aura: