- 1 reply
- 612 views
- Add Reply
- 3 replies
- 437 views
- Add Reply
- This NPC will take your bets and allow you to gamble safely whenever you please. I've heard he has big pockets though so try and clean him! He is located at ::dice.
- You may now duel at ::dice.
- 65 Trivia Questions relating to RS / Onyx have been added to the game and will give you sweet rewards.
- These are also a completionist requirements and require you to obtain as follows: (3x wins for regular comp / 10x for trimmed).
- Think you know Onyx inside and out? Test out your skill every hour and receive money, xp lamps, and more!
- Our new client (aside from looking way nicer thanks to @central) will now load way quicker than the previous versions.
- This client will also allow you to zoom out further than previously, making it similar to OSRS.
- This also improve our client when it comes to stability issues and should result in overall less errors while loading up and playing Onyx.
- This Tbow will be available on our store for a limited time to celebrate New Years
- Features a silver and red color scheme, as we bring in the New Year!
- Added a new item "Collector's necklace" to World Boss drop table. This item will automatically bank all your drops provided it's equipped.
- Added a rock crab slayer task to lower level slay masters.
- Improved message colors such as drop annoucements.
- Added a bank chest outside of Bandos Godwars.
- Onyx donators now need 1 killcount for Godwars to prevent abusing doors/chests.
- Avernic defender can now be returned to dragon defender. Be warned you loss the hilt.
- Removed spirit shields from Squeal of Fortune.
- Fight Pits will no longer spam news feed if the same person wins two + games in a row.
- Removed God Boxes from our store temporarily as we rework their reward system, making it more juicy for the player.
- Fixed ava attractor death value.
- Fixed the ::nex command as it would allow people with under 70 agility to kill Nex.
- Added a slayer level check when assigning boss tasks.
- Fixed chaos altar entrance at Abyss.
- Fixed demonic gorillas attack cycle.
- 6 replies
- 563 views
- Add Reply
Onyx Update #71: Hardcore Ironman (Duo Available), Chambers of Xeric Loot, Quality of Life, Bug Fixes, and More!Qual
Hope you all are doing well, I am pleased to announce that we have updated the server today bringing you some pretty sweet new content. This weeks update bring a new gamemode, with an available partnering feature, the ability to obtain gear from Chambers of Xeric, buffs to the starter game of Onyx, crystal chest rework, and a lot more!
2. This gamemode will be more difficult than the normal ironman, featuring 10x XP rates and a bonus drop rate of 25%.
3. New Hardcore Ironmen will have the option of selecting a duo partner. This is a feature unseen on other servers when it comes to Hardcore Ironman, allowing you to trade with one other person on the same game mode. Be aware however, you can only have one partner, once selected, you will not be able to switch.
4. If you and your partner die, you both will remain in a duo ironman rather than hardcore.
5. If only your partner dies, he or she will turn into a solo ironman until the other falls, joining them in a normal ironman group.
6. We nerfed the amount of shops at ::shops that HCIM will be permitted to use.
7. Lootshare is disabled for HCIM, as you can trade your partner regardless and there will be no need for it.
8. HCIM will be allowed to use stealing creation tools, along with regular ironman at a lower xp bonus compared to other modes.
9. A list of achievements have been set up on a separate forum post for HCIM. Rewards will be given out for each achievement depending on difficulty, so best of luck on your grind! Do ::thread 1385 in-game to view these Achievements!
2. Added an option in the completion of the Theatre of Blood raid that allows players to choose between Raids 1 or Raids 2 loot.
3. Chambers of Xeric loot will be available with a nerfed drop rate compared to its rates on completion of the actual raid.
250 Maple Logs
150 Yew Logs
100 Magic Logs
25 Uncut Sapphires and Emeralds
15 Uncut Rubies and Diamonds
25 Green D’hide
20 Blue D’hide
15 Dragon Bones
250 Oak Planks
150 Mahogany Planks
20 Grimy Ranarrs and 50 Snape Grass
20 Grimy Snapdragons and 50 Red Spider Eggs
20 Grimy Toadflax and 35 Crushed Nests
100 Papaya Fruits
250 Gold Ore
100 Mithril Bars
5 Yew Seeds
A Crystal Key to Reroll
2. Added a direct teleport to the grotesque guardians in our blue portal or ::Tp.
3. Pernix gloves now give an extra hp boost when worn.
4. Fixed an issue making it so players were not allowed to enter Nomad’s tent when teleporting in.
5. Removed the 5% drop rate boost from bankpin as they are now required to play Onyx.
6. Made it so Collector’s Necklace stops autolooting if player has been afk for more than 5 minutes, as it proved to be a little overpowered.
7. Fixed the bug not allowing players to combine emerald tips on mithril bolts.
8. Dragon Hunter Crossbow now works on Vorkath.
9. Fixed the trivia question regarding the teleport to our gambling zone. Hint the answer is Dice!
10. Slayer helmets now work on boss tasks.
11. Dwarven Stouts now boost mining and smithing instead of decreasing it.
12. Players can now teleport directly to the QBD Lair instead of having to go through the multiple floors of the dungeon.
2. New accounts now start with level 1 in Herblore rather than level 3.
3. Fixed a spelling error with our dicing king at the gamble zone.
4. Renamed the Collector’s Necklace to Looter’s Necklace. All you collecting is the loot anyways.
5. Added the ::ref <name> command for those who skipped our referral interface upon account creation.
6. Added honeycomb looting option to beehives.
7. Added the dungeoneering master cape animation.
8. Created a custom Nomad pet for Dropsrs.
9. Removed Ancient Ceremonial from our store.
10. Completely reworked God Boxes, making them have a 4x better drop table and loot chance.
We have a lot of big things planned for the near future, stay tuned!
See you in-game
Feedback in Regards to the month of December
Hello Everyone, hope all is well, today I would like to revive the system that we had in place a few months back which allowed our players to voice their opinions in regards to the staff team so we can better improve as we move into the future.
I invite you all to post your feedback on any and all current staff members listed below, compliments, suggestions, and improvement ideas are welcomed. I would just like to say real quick that we ask that you keep this respectful, but voice your opinion in a proper manner.
Lets get into the feedback thread for this past month, we look forward to hearing what the community has to say so that we can do better in the following months.
January 1st, 2019
Hey guys ! First and foremost the Onyx Staff Team would like to wish you all a Happy New Year! May your dreams and goals come true as you grind strong
With that being said lets get in the patch notes :
Dicing King / Dice Zone Changes:
Trivia minigame :
New custom client :
New Special Edition TBow :
Bug fixes updates:
Hope you all enjoy
Our next update will arrive in about a week or a bit more.
Spoiler Alert: How hardcore of an ironman can you be?
Feel free to leave some feedback below.