- 2 replies
- 477 views
- Add Reply
- 4 replies
- 634 views
- Add Reply
- 6 replies
- 538 views
- Add Reply
August 13th, 2018
Today brings an update that involves some new content in the wilderness, while at the same time improving the quality of life we have here on Onyx. We bring love to revenants by adding new tier 78 items and more blood money to their drop table, making them more worth the risk involved. We have fully reworked our normal donator zone for all our sapphire + donors we have. Edited our teleport interface to include a ‘previous teleport’ option, and introduced a contest where players have a chance of winning $1,000 as we would like to give back to our community! This isn’t our biggest update, but it is surely a good one, hope you all enjoy.
Revenants, Wilderness, and PK Shop Changes:
1. Added Craw’s Bow to revenant drop tables, scaling on the difficulty of the revenant. Powerful bow to use against wilderness npcs. Will announce when dropped.
2. Added Thammaron’s spectre to revenants drop table, a powerful staff to use against wilderness npcs. Will announce when dropped.
3. Added Viggora’s Chainmace to revenants drop table, a powerful mace to use against wilderness npcs. Will announce when dropped.
4. Added the Amulet of the damned and the amulet of avarice to the PK shop.
5. Removed brawling gloves from revenants since they are not coded.
6. Revenants have received a major buff in the amount of blood money they drop, scaling on their difficulty.
7. Added the revenant caves as a teleport option under the wilderness section of our blue portal.
8. Added Wilderness GWD and Gilded Altar to the wilderness section of our blue portal.
- Our old Donator Zone has been aging since its release over a year ago, with todays update, you will be given a newly organized dz, featuring the same content as before with some nice unique add-ons to give a better feel for this awesome zone ?
1. Added a private Yak island to the reworked dz, available with the command ::yak until we code the stepping stone.
2. Added a thieving section to the dz, alongside the god statues for easy access to the mage capes.
3. Added more gem rocks, and an additional fishing spot.
1. Patched an exploit in theatre of blood which allowed trading between different gamemodes.
2. Patched the bug allowing you to attack verzik while you are dead.
3. Specs now restore after every boss in the raid.
4. Packed the latest osrs data.
5. You can now double click the squeal of fortune button to skip that annoying animation.
6. Fixed a bug that made several items untradeable on the last update.
7. You are now able to pick up the baby aquanite and freezy if you have them as pets.
8. Added the sled to afk man dan shop, very unique!
9. Fixed steel minotaur xp given per pouch to be higher than iron.
10. Fixed piscatoris teleport typo in the interface.
11. Readded current staff online to the quest list.
12. Added the $1,000 Giveaway Contest! More information available on the specified thread.
Hope you all enjoyed this update, more to come in the near future!
August 8th, 2018
Today the management team of Onyx bring you perhaps one of the biggest updates this server has ever seen. It is with great pleasure that we release the long anticipated second raid from OSRS, The Theatre of Blood, for the Onyx community to grind and enjoy! This is one of the most challenging content that OSRS and now us offer, granting the team that defeat Verzik Vitur (The Final Boss of the Theatre) a chance of some of the best items in game. Loads of new items have been introduced with this content, and they surely pay off. Alongside with this major content addition, we have updated our high scores, fixed a major glitch with voting, and a few other bug fixes featured with this update! We hope you all enjoy, and good luck with our newest challenge!
Theatre of Blood:
- Those who have showed victory during the beta version of the raid are now faced with 4 new bosses on this full release. Think you had it locked down before? Time to squad up and try the whole thing!
- The Theatre of Blood is a linear raid. No randomization of bosses will be held, unlike the Chambers of Xeric. This raid offers six bosses, some proven to be more challenging then the rest.
1. Added The Maiden of Sugadinti, the first encounter in the Theatre of Blood. At 70%, 50%, and 30% hitpoints, the Maiden will spawn 8 Nylocas Matomenos, which will walk straight toward her and heal her if they reach her from the northern and the southern walls. We recommend you bring ice spells to prevent this ;).
2. Added the Pestilent Bloat, the second encounter in the Theatre of Blood. he bloat will walk around its room in a square as soon as the party enters the room. If any player is within its line of sight, the Bloat's flies will attack them. After seven or fourteen cycles of mutilated flesh falling from the ceiling, it will stop moving, allowing players to attack it.
3. Added Nylocas Vasilias, the third encounter in the Theatre of Blood, and spawns after killing off the hordes of Nylocas Hagios, Ischyros, and Toxobolos.
4. Added Sotetseg The Blood Beast, is the fourth encounter in the Theatre of Blood. Its fight consists of bouncing black range orbs, magic red orbs, a big red ball which can be soaked and divided by all members of the fight, and a teleportation to the shadow phase / maze. One of the most difficult bosses to master in the raid.
5. Added Xarpus, fifth encounter in the Theatre of Blood, fully coded to have 3 phases which include: Recovery, Poison, and Counter special effects.
6. Added Lady Verzik Vitur, the final boss of the Theatre of Blood. She has two phases before her true form is presented. Phase 1 involves the players in the raid to use the dawn bringers special attack to damage the lady's shields. After this phase is completed, Verzik will get up from her throne and begin flying around the middle of the room. This second phase features bombs that will be tossed towards the players that will need to be avoided to increase your chances of survival. After this phase, her final form is shown which uses all three combat styles. She will summon nylocas during the fight, and charges up several powerful attacks to inflict towards players. Warning: you can be trapped in webs, damaged by a tornado which will heal the boss, and overall lose health very quickly. We wish you good luck.
7. Added the treasure room for members of the team who are victorious in the fight for their lives. Good luck on some juicy rewards!
1. Added the Sanguinesti Staff, with a chance to heal the player once in every 10 or so hits.
2. Added the Ghrazi Rapier, with a buff of 10% strength bonus on top of a chaotic if equipped with an Avernic defender.
3. Added the Avernic Defender, the best strength bonus defender in the game now.
4. Added the Scythe of Vitur to the drop table. This scythe has a special ability of hitting a big boss three times instead of one with these damage rates. 100% - 50% - 25% of damage inflicted, meaning that if you were to hit a 600, you will in total hit: 600 + 300 + 150.
5. Added Justiciar Armor, the most tank gear in game.
1. Updated the highscores theme to look more official.
2. Highscores now feature all categories including game mode, skills, and completion percentage.
Vote and Other Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed the annoying vote bug that caused players with a space in their names to have difficulty voting and claiming their rewards.
2. Fixed the glitch with our rune pouch, making runes disappear from the pouch in bank if you die in the wilderness.
3. Fixed degrading item glitch involving ganodermic, crystal shields and more, occurring from our latest update. You can now safely use your degrading items without worry!
4. Another Goat has been added to home.
We hope you all enjoy this update, as it is surely a nice one!
Good Luck on the Grind!
Update: After 5 hours of release the first group has completed the Theatre of Blood.
Congratulations to: Stay Grindin, Black, Nick, Friendship, and Didgeridoo.
Drop: Justiciar Faceguard
July 27th, 2018
Today we bring you a little teaser update by allowing you to test out all the features and updates we have set up so far with the Theatre of Blood Raid. The full update will be coming in August if all goes planned. With this update we also bring weapon fixes, some npc changes, quality of life updates, and more! Stay tuned for the next one!
Theatre of Blood:
- Those who are brave enough may gather their squad to tackle the few bosses we have completed to gear you up for the full release coming soon!
1. Added the Maiden Boss to the Raid.
2. Added the pestilent bloat boss to the Raid.
3. Added the Xarpus Boss to the Raid. (Only 3-4 bosses left!).
4. Added Justiciar Armour.
5. Avernic Defender + Ghrazi Rapier now have a passive boost of +15 strength bonus when worn together to become the best in slot melee weapon.
Quality of Life Updates:
1. Made it available to claim votes while in the God Wars Dungeon.
2. Max hit for range and melee has been added to the quest tab so you can find out what you can hit!
3. Donators can now switch their prayers and magic spellbook in the new task tab.
4. Added the ability to reverse hasta back into a normal zammy spear.
5. Max hit dummies have been added to ::vip.
Npc and Item Updates:
1. Added Hati & Skoll which drop skull boots used for bonus agility xp!
2. Fixed the glitch when cooking pike.
3. Made Mole Nose tradable for nests.
4. Added Iban Staff to the starter shop.
5. Added the ability to upgrade a dragon defender to avernic if a player has the hilt.
6. Made revenants attack at distance (some of them did not, making them too easy to farm).
7. Made the Blessed Sara Sword 2 handed.
8. Added the berserker necklace effect for obsidian weapons to the elder maul.
9. Ruby Bolts E now have a damage cap of 1,000.
1. Fixed the glitch with Hitpoints showing up as 0 if under 10/990 in x1 hits.
2. Made a Drunken Dwarf Pet for one of our biggest supporters and donators (Thank You). Looking fresh my brother, you know I’m going to be rocking it.
3. Made a custom title for another big supporter we have on here, Green, you will never be able to guess what his title is.
4. Added ::RedSkin for ruby+ donators.
5. Added ::Whiteskin for diamond+ donators.
6. Added ::Blackskin, ::Pinkskin & ::Goldskin for Onyx+ Donators.
7. Added another Goat to home.
Hope you all enjoy this update, many more to come!
Good luck mastering the first Bosses of the Theatre of Blood!