- 5 replies
- 640 views
- Add Reply
- 0 replies
- 135 views
- Add Reply
- We wish you all a wonderful and safe Halloween, as a way to celebrate this holiday we will be hosting a Halloween event for the coming few weeks.
- Throughout this event, players hunting undead NPCs such as Zombies, Ghosts, and Skeletons will notice a rework of their drop tables. They now drop cosmetic items ranging from skeleton sets, jackolantern hats, and ghostbuster 500s as well as pumpkins and all XP lamps.
- Dwarf multi cannons are temporarily disabled when used on undead npcs during this event.
- Added a vote shop on Onyx, players can obtain a total of 10 votes per day, 5 per 12 hours, and on top of receiving the usual cash, xp, and drop rate boosts, they will now receive vote tokens. These tokens can be used at the vote shop to buy cosmetics, money, and some highly sought-after medium tier gear!
- Updated our client background and icon with a new look, featuring our new logos and custom backgrounds.
- Forums have been updated to feature our new logo, icon, and wallpapers. These will be updated periodically to keep the theme nice and fresh.
- We have added a ton of new banners on our forums which will make an appearance in the coming days / weeks.
- We have promoted a new GFX Artist, @central, shout out to him for his awesome contributions here on Onyx!
- Fully reworked our blood money shop, let’s just say the old one was a bit messy and not worth the grind. All item prices have been heavily reduced, and some additions have been made. Blood money is now a valuable currency that will prove to be useful to any player.
- Fixed item values and items lost on death. You will now protect the most valuable items you possess when you are killed in the wilderness. Ex: Protect Dragon Claws over Dharok’s Plate body. This includes Lucky items.
- Improve the skulling system on Onyx, you will now no longer get skulled if you have auto-retaliate on and a familiar attack, or when you are tele blocked / snared.
- Blood money now goes directly into the bank upon dropping for Ruby Donators.
- Wilderness slayer tasks now give the player Blood Money when killing NPCs they are assigned.
- Added ::wildslayer and Wilderness Slayer to the Wilderness teleport options to teleport directly to the slayer master.
- ::PK now teleports you to Edgeville instead of clan wars, however you can still use ::Funpk to get to clan wars.
- Renamed PK Locators to PK Tablets.
- Removed the PK Tablet warning that a player is coming after you. Be careful out there!
- Players may now only use pk tabs once every 2 minutes.
- Added PK logs for staff members so they are better equip in handling disputes.
- Galvek’s drop table has been buffed to include some useful supplies that other Wilderness bosses drop, as well as a rare chance at some end level pvp gear.
- Added a Referral System, unique new players who join Onyx now have an option to tell us where they came from. This will grant them rewards and you as well if you let us know!
- We have decided to host a sale on our store in celebration of Halloween. Featuring discounts and several items.
- Added H’Ween masks to our store for a limited amount of time.
- Added a custom designed Halloween Twisted Bow in limited quantities.
- Added uncharged orb obelisks to VIP zone for quick charging.
- Reworked the Hunting / Thieving Section to be more efficient.
- Fixed the problem that sometimes showed incorrect kills left on a boss task.
- Fixed Cursed Magic Tree XP to the correct rates.
- Nerfed Hati / Skoll DPS, as it proved to be dropping too many people too quickly.
- Added one more moss giant at Varrock sewers as requested.
- Allowed players to now use the Dwarf Cannon at Dungeons as well as God Wars.
- Fixed the Barrows Gloves requirement showing that you need 10 Smithing when you really need 40.
- Fixed Mud Battlestaff not saving water and earth runes.
- Fixed a bug with spell casting distance not working when not equiping a weapon.
- Slayer Task Streaks no longer reset when skipping a task except for when you cancel one with another Slayer Master.
- Reduced the Dwarf Multicannon ball delay.
- Made it so that you can open up the PvM timers highscores through the borders in the Theatre of Blood.
- Added a message upon login to install 64 bit Java, so players will know how to optimize our game.
- Fixed client login failure when making a new account.
- Fixed the Occult altar right click options that allow you to directly change your spellbook.
- Increased the client zoom to match that of Standard OSRS.
- Increased the size of the friends list, allowing you to now have 500 players added instead of 200.
- Equipped light sources such as a bug lantern now count as a source of light in dark areas.
- Admins can now set your donation total if you have donated on several accounts or through osrs gp.
- Fixed the discord bot abusing @ tag bug, sorry that this feature had to be ruined because of a few trolls, but at least it is back.
- Added the drop rate boosts next to the xp rates for each mode when creating an account for more clarification.
- Fixed the issue with ::searchitem not showing noted item drops, as well as improved it, allowing it to show amounts of drops as well.
- Added a general store at ::shops, and allowed ironman to use it for more convenience.
- Added golden statues and other items obtained from the money crate so ironman may sell their loot quicker, also added a gem merchant next to the stalls at the donator zone for quicker selling of crushed gems.
- Fixed the bamboo door at ape atoll, so players may now access it.
- Added the arrow graphics to monkey archers.
- Added justicier and ancestral gear to the grand exchange so people may now buy and sell it through there.
- Added obsidian platebody to the grand exchange as it was reported to not be searchable.
- Fixed the price of the lucky verac's flail at the barrows shop.
- Fixed the item look of ghostly robes, fremennik armors, and prince tunic arms on osrs graphics.
- Added rune knives to the gear shop at ::shops.
- Renamed online shop to loyalty shop, renamed afkman dan to Loyal Dan, and replaced online tokens with Loyalty Tokens.
- Addressed multiple spelling typos.
- www.Onyxrsps.com now redirects you to our forums.
- Reworked our facebook page to make it look a bit more appealing, we will begin to be more active on there, so stay tuned!
- Added a ::events command that redirects you to the events section of our forums. We will be hosting nearly daily events, so be sure to attend for some fun and juicy rewards!
- The home teleport on the magic tab now opens the lodestone network. Instead of using this to teleport home, the donator zone, or accessing the teleports options, just use ::home, ::dz, and ::tp respectively.
- You can now eat a baguette.
- Tyler has been promoted to Server Support.
- Rawrgasm has been promoted to Server Support.
- Classed has been promoted to Moderator, unfortunately he's growing up.
- Monk Bird has been demoted on discord temporarily as he resolves some IRL issues. He has not left the staff team, rather just taking a break as priorities have arose.
- 10 replies
- 976 views
- Add Reply
Onyx Top Donator Appreciation Thread!
The Onyx Management team would like to dedicate this thread to give thanks and appreciation to all our past and future supporters, helping us to get where we are, and where we want to be. throughout the upcoming months and the last year, we have been running. Some of you have contributed to our success whether it be helping us get videos, advertisements, or in game content additions, you are the ones keeping Onyx moving, and for that we thank you. This thread is dedicated to those who truly gave us an arm and a leg to see this server succeed, if you are not on the list but have contributed as well, I would just like to say that we are very grateful to have your support and will find a way to reward you too.
Starting from now, we will be hosting a monthly recognition content to reward our top donator. This will include some sweat cosmetics, titles, and a possibility of pets, but some rewards will be strictly for the all time high top donators that we have today. Please note that this is strictly to give recognition and reward you for your contributions.
Top Donator (OVERALL):
(A custom pet, and a title will be awarded to you on our next update!)
Monthly Top Donators
Top Monthly Donator (September):
Rewards for September:
September Top Donator Ingame Title
Monthly Top Donator Pet with a 5% Boost to Drop Rate!
Top Monthly Donator (October):
Rewards for this October:
Thank you all for your support, you help Onyx improve everyday!
Hello everyone. You may experience lagg/dcs & website slow and voting/donations not going through for the next few hours.
Our dedicated host currently having an issue and working on solving the problem.
You can follow it here: http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=37330
Thank you for the understanding. We should be back to 100% within 24h. Should any donation not go through, submit a ticket ingame.
Onyx Update #67: Halloween Event, Vote Shop, PvP Improvements, Referral System, PvM + Skilling Updates, and So Much More!
October 30th, 2018
Getting Started, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Onyx management team for a delay on this update. These past few weeks we have been very busy with several situations. With that however, we are proud to provide you all with a massive update to make up for the wait. This week’s update features a Halloween Event, a rework of our blood money system and shop, a buff to Galvek’s drop table, PvP and skilling fixes, a long-awaited vote shop, and so much more! Let’s dive right into the patch notes:
Onyx Halloween Event:
PvP and Wilderness Updates:
VIP Zone Additions:
PvM and Skilling Updates and Fixes:
Onyx Staff Updates:
As always, we hope you enjoy this update!
See you all in-game!