- 6 replies
- 653 views
- Add Reply
- Our new home is located at Edgeville. Feel free to check it and leave feedback
- This home is completely organized, giving new players a more welcoming feel when joining us for the first time.
- ::Thieving teleport has been redirected to teleport the player to the designated thieving house in Edgeville.
- ::Fishing now teleports you to the river south of the bank in Edgeville where you can fish up to lobsters.
- ::Slayer now teleports you to all the slayer masters who were relocated to home.
- The new slayer game mode features a x1000 combat xp rate and x60 skilling rate. However, the tradeoff is that you get a 30% drop rate penalty from the Hero mode. This should be super fast to pick up on, and is directed to those who seek a faster way to get into PvP or PvMing!
- Barrows mini game now gives 250K barrows tokens per chest if you kill all brothers
- Nerfed barrows brothers defence stats
- A request help system has been added under chat tab
- Doubled the money from thieving gems
- 50K vote tokens were replaced with 200K vote tokens
- Increased serpentine helmet to +5 strength bonus
- Added a cash reward when leveling non combat skills
- Buffed crystal chest coins rewards from 500K-1M to 1.5M-3M
- Doubled the money per kill on slayer tasks
- Increased combat xp in hero mode by x2 - making it x500 combat xp rate
- Added crushed zenyte to gem merchant
- Increased the money for completing boss tasks from 1M/250K (hard/normal) to 4M/2M
- Increased npc coin drops from x10 to x100
- Bone bolts now can be used with dorgeshuun bow or zanik crossbow
- Zaniks crossbow now requires 48 range to equip
- TzKal-Zuk no longer attacks you when you're dead
- Automatically adjust titles so that if no space at end and space at begin shows behind instead of infront
- Fix floor texture bug with new maps at mount karuulm
- Fixed glitch with multiple osrs maps on directx mode being invisible on some parts
- Fixed a clue scroll typo
- When buying climbing boots dialogue says 12gp but charges 75k if you choose to buy
- Onyx boss now drops 15m cash instead of 5m - the uncommon cash reward being 30M instead of 10M and the participation reward to 3M instead of 1M
- Added crabs task teleport
- Added Ke Quo Karan shop
- Added Mount Karuulm teleport in cities teleport - this gets you close to Konar slayer master
- Onyx boss no longer resets if everyone leaves
- Loyalty shop no longer rewards coins nor xp lamps
- Added Sotetseg pet + added to pet box
- Corporeal Beast no longer attacks npcs except from familiars
- Added notifications ingame
- Stealing Creation now only rewards if both teams have a positive score
- Added large lamp/huge lamp/armadyl statuette to trivia rewards
- Added hydra pet + added to pet box
- Pets are no longer allowed in Inferno
- Removed $1000 chest - Congrats again to Monk Bird!
- Virtual levels now off by default for new accounts, simply type ;;svl to turn them on
- Facebook button has been removed from client
- Login now opens inventory instead of equip tab
- Favor points were removed, as their purpose has been replaced
- Floor item spawns now respawn after 10 seconds instead of 60
- 3 replies
- 474 views
- Add Reply
- This brand new store will replace our previous online store. You may access it by trading the donating guide at ;;shops and purchase the donator shards through our ;;store.
- Increased mystery boxes cash rewards for the lower tiers.
- Improved god boxes even further (no more god bows or illuminated books).
- We have added the new Kebos Lowlands from Old School Runescape. Map below
- The Zeah fairy rings are now also available.
- Added fog and musics to new Zeah maps.
- A new slayer master - Konar - has been added and can be found northeast of the farming guild teleport with skills necklace.
- Grotesque guardian and Godwars teleports now function as intended.
- The ;;task teleport command has been fixed for the green dragon task.
- Hastas/spears/lances now give correct xp (shared / defensive).
- Deaths in Theatre of Blood now affect your drop chance (individually).
- Added Farming guild tp to skill neck + support for over 5 options to item teleports.
- Lucky items are now on tradeable on ge, renamed to end with item name + (d) from donated instead.
- Added a zenyte stall at level 99 thieving. It can be found at home next to the onyx one.
- Added ectophial and drakan's medaillon to Fidelio at ;;shops.
- Added barbarian rod under barbarian's bed.
- Crashed star stardust cap has been doubled, meaning you can expect double rewards from it
- Evil tree cash rewards are now trippled.
- Fixed slayer master assigning boss tasks you dont have the level for.
- Increased crystal chest coin rewards & made them more common.
- Barrow/vote/blood shops now show item prices on interface.
- Logging out / teleporting away no longer resets damage dealt to npc.
- Random events now happen during combat.
- Theatre of Blood is now unsafe for hardcores.
- Added coupon support to store.
- Replaced login screen music with osrs classic one.
- Added Dragon hasta / Dragon hunter lance / Dragon knives.
- You can now poison Dragon hasta & Dragon knives.
- Added brimstone ring / brimstone boots.
- Added ferocious gloves.
- Added bone crusher necklace.
- Added boots of stone to slayer shop.
- 3 replies
- 450 views
- Add Reply
Onyx Update #74: Alchemical Hydra, Karuulm Slayer Dungeon, Improved Donator Benefits, Quality of Life, Bug Fixes, and More!
February 26th 2019
Hello Everyone, hope you all are doing well.
I am pleased to announce that the staff team is bringing yet another massive update to Onyx today! This week’s update brings Oldschool Runescapes new Alchemical Hydra Boss, along with Wyrms, Drakes, and small Hydras all located in the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon in Mount Karuulm. This update also comes along with all the new weaponry and gears available from these monsters. We have also brought along a full buff to our donator ranks, as some of them seemed like they deserve the extra benefits. Lastly, we have added some new quality of life updates as well as addressed some bugs that people have reported.
1. One of the most significant updates brought to you this week is the introduction of the Alchemical Hydra. The Alchemical Hydra is a boss found in the lower level of the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon and requires 95 Slayer to kill. Some of the unique drops that this boss offers is the Hydra’s Eye, Hydra’s Fang, Hydra’s Heart, Hydra’s Tail, Hydra Leather, and Hydra’s Claw.
2. Added the Brimstone Ring by combining the Eye, Heart, and Fang from the Hydra. This ring offers the stats of all the DK Rings combined together. (Note this does not mean the imbued stats, just the regular ring stats).
3. Added the Bonecrusher Necklace by combining Hydra’s tail, a bonecrusher and the dragonbone necklace. Wearing this will allow you to automatically pick up and bury your bones.
4. Added the Dragon Hunter Lance by using a Hydra’s Claw on a Zamorakian hasta. It offers a unique mechanic of 20% extra accuracy and damage when fighting against dragons.
Karuulm Slayer Dungeon:
1. Added the full Oldschool Runescape Karuulm Slayer Dungeon.
2. Drakes have now been added to this dungeon, their unique drops include the Drake’s Tooth used to create devout boots, and the Drake’s Claw used to create Boots of Brimstone.
3. Both Devout Boots and Boots of Brimstone have been added ingame and have had their bonuses implemented. They are possible drops from Drakes, already crafted, and globally announce when dropped.
4. Wyrm’s have been added to the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon. They now drop the Dragon Sword, Harpoon, Knife, and Thrownaxe. As such, all of these items have been added ingame and work properly with their special attacks.
5. Hydra’s have been added to this dungeon, they drop the Hydra piece similar to the Alchemical Hydra as well as the new dragon weaponry.
6. Other NPCs such as Demons have been added to the second floor of this dungeon.
7. Konar, Kuradel, and Duradel have a chance of assigning these monsters as a slayer task. Please note that Konar will gve you the best chance to obtain this task, and that if you are assigned Hydras, you may kill the Alchemical Hydra to complete this task if you wish.
8. Added Sulphur Lizards to the middle of the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon.
9. We recommend you all refer to the Oldschool Wiki to learn about these monsters and their unique mechanics until we can introduce some guides on our forums!
Improved Donator Rank Benefits, Changes and New Additions:
1. We have added a new system of acquiring donator ranks to go along with our current one. You will now automatically be rewarded a donator rank when you reach 5x their worth. For example: If you are not sapphire, but have a total of $75 donated to Onyx, you will be auto promoted to that rank. You can either purchase ranks directly or earn the benefit overtime. Please note that if you are already a rank higher than your amount donated threshold, you will not lose that rank!
2. Drop Rate Buffs: Ruby Donator now gives you 35% drop rate bonus as opposed to 30%. Diamond Donator now grants you 55% drop rate bonus instead of 40%. Lastly, Onyx Donator now gives you an 80% drop rate bonus instead of 50%. We felt like these ranks needed a buff because of the expense that comes along with them, especially the later ones.
3. Added the teleport commands: (::Armadyl, ::Bandos, ::Saradomin, and ::Zamorak) to Ruby Donators which teleports them to the doors of these GWD Bosses.
4. Emerald Donators now automatically pick up and bank herbs. While Ruby Donators now automatically pick up and bank bones and ashes.
5. Non-PvP items no longer degrade while wearing or using them in combat if you are an Onyx Donator.
6. Auras no longer have a cool down time as an Onyx Donator, and your overload will now last 10 minutes rather than 5!
7. Vip Zone now grants 5% XP Bonus when skilling in the area.
8. Added the Onyx Blood Scythe to our Donator Store. We are testing the waters with this weapon. This is an upgraded version of the Scythe of Vitur and always hits 3x on all monsters per attack. It has 30% extra accuracy and 5 extra strength bonus compared to the regular Scythe of Vitur. It features a special attack and unique cosmetic black and red wings when equipped. The special attack hits 2x instead of 3x but does not have a damage drop off like the regular Scythe of Vitur, but instead boosts the hits to 110%.
9. Lastly we improved the quantity of money that a player received from MBoxes by 30-35% to balance with the changes in our money making methods in-game.
10. Improved the current shop at our Donator Zone and added a unique shop to VIP Zone.
11. We felt like our donation system was lacking, and after some feedback from the staff and the community, we have implemented these changes.
Quality of Life Fixes:
1. Added Stats and Compare options for equipment bonuses.
2. Improved item weight registration (as some were incorrect).
3. Fixed the shops stat interfaces when it comes to gear and weapons.
4. Fixed our shop descriptions for equipment, making them clearer in-game.
5. Dominion Tower Gloves now last 4x longer!
6. Fixed the glitch when viewing skill guides, now it runs smoothly.
7. Improved Dragonstone Bolt special attacks.
8. Monks of Zamorak at the Chaos Temple now drop wine of Zamorak.
9. Disabled Random Events! RIP to all the past HCIM.
10. Removed most of the requirement to wear Barrows Gloves, now all you need is 70 Cooking.
11. Fixed the glitch preventing EU Timezone players from voting, and improved our system overall.
12. Both blue snail helmets now work for clue scrolls.
13. Crystal chests award 1.5M now instead of 150k as it was meant to.
14. Make vote tickets tradable, this should help new players with easy money making methods.
15. Replaced the Zenyte Stall at home with the Sapphire one as intended. This stall was moved to DZ and VIP Zone.
16. Increased the Whip and Dark Bow price in the Loyalty Shop to 300 and the Staff of Light to 500. This was considered pretty overpowered by allowing players to obtain these items too quickly.
17. Changed the Staff of Light to cost 120 Vote Tickets as it is a very powerful staff.
1. Strawberries can now be eaten.
2. Fixed Tormented Wraith NPCs, so they now work and interact with you properly.
3. Fixed how you could use skin prayers with Rigour and Augury, you no longer can.
4. Fixed the bug allowing you to use Eagle Eye and Mystic Might at the same time.
5. Fixed the Elf Warrior Attack Animations.
6. Fixed the level requirement for Nature and Law Runecrafting.
7. Fixed the Spitbark Helmet graphical bug.
8. Removed the School Girl from the Axe Hut in Wilderness, don’t ask me how she got there.
9. Fixed the VIP Portal, allowing you to now travel around the world of Onyx once again!
I hope you all enjoyed this update, get grinding, there’s new items to obtain!
See you all In-Game!
Hope y'all doing fine The Onyx Staff Team is pleased to announce that we have updated the server today and brought a couple of new stuff and fixed some bugs. This weeks update brings a new home at Edgeville, a new game mode with faster than ever XP rates, couple of improvements to cash rewards for various activities and more!
We have a lot of big things planned for the near future, stay tuned!
See you in-game
Hope you all are doing well, I am pleased to announce that we have updated the server today bringing you some pretty sweet new content. This weeks update brings a new ingame donator store, a new Zeah region (Kebos Lowlands), couple hcim fixes and much more!
We have a lot of big things planned for the near future, stay tuned!
See you in-game