- Friends, Iron-friends, Countrymen, lend me your ears:
- Zio, King of Kings, hath commissioned his monks to renovate Onyx's capital city and trading center, Edgeville.
- A devout believer in the divine Simplex beyond, Zio hath zealously built a great metropolis in his image.
- Henceforth, denizens of other server-states shall gaze upon Great Edgeville with envy.
- The Edgeville you know is gone. It has been replaced with collection of Zones/Houses.
- These are: Slayer, Thieving, Altar, Skilling, Shops, and the Information Kiosk ('Info Zone').
- The Kiosk is meant to assist players on their journey, being a one-stop-shop for Q&A.
- We intend on taking feedback and improving Great Edgeville in coming updates to best suit the community.
- We have scrapped the old Tutorial, bringing it in line with some of the more recent content additions to Onyx.
- Hopefully, players will have a better understanding of the game upon completion.
- The skip button remains; although with Zuk narrating, only a fool would anger the obsidian God, no?
- Disclaimer: These new commands are for Diamond+ Donators and can only be used Near a Bank!
- For those vassals who have given to their good King, a new ease of living is brought to you!
- PRAYER SWAPPING commands, live in game:
- ::pray swaps between the two prayer types, curses and standard prayers.
- ::regular swaps from curses to standard prayers.
- ::curses swaps from standard prayers to curses.
- MAGIC SWAPPING commands, live in game:
- ::spellbook swaps spellbook types in this looping order: Standard → Ancients → Lunars → (back to Standard)
- ::modern swaps to the Standard spellbook, specifically.
- ::lunar swaps to the Lunar spellbook, specifically.
- ::ancient swaps to the Ancients spellbook, specifically.
- Taxonomists around Onyx rejoice! Stronger breeds of slayer monsters have come!
- These will be automatically unlocked for players above 70 Slayer.
- The encounter rate is 1/50, meaning that a task of 100 monsters would net roughly two Superior Slayer monsters.
- Superior Slayer Monsters have a centralized drop table (see image directly below).
- This is the Superior Slayer Monster drop table.
- Know that the higher the slayer requirement of the task, the stronger the weight when rolling rarer drops.
- Therefore, cheeky slayers are not recommended to farm Turadel for the best drops!
- As seen above, it is plentiful for Ironmen looking to slay and later skill.
- The Imbued Heart will boost a player's Magic level by 11 — in line with an Overload dosage.
- This makes the Imbued Heart an excellent alternative to standard overloading in many situations.
- Zahur should now work flawlessly.
- The world-renowned herbalist does the following things:
- Cleaning herbs, Make unfinished potions, and Fill Flasks/Decant.
- 5 replies
- 610 views
- Add Reply
- Simplex, the vengeful God that He is, has enjoyed Callus' daily eradication of the local populace.
- He does pity the would-be mages of Onyx, rushing to Callus for fortune and glory — only to freeze solid.
- In a rare gesture of kindness, He has made his champion more suitable for the common man.
- Callus' drops will be more rewarding in quality and frequency.
- Callus' minions will summon less frequently, as seen in the left snip-it.
- Callus' lair will extinguish light sources less frequently, as seen in the right snip-it.
- MVP designation now scales by party size.
- Note: 3 is the Maximum MVP's awarded in a Callus instance.
- Soulgazer Comment: Solo's, Duo's, and 4-Man teams: 50%+ of participating players get MVP.
- Introducing The Mimic, a favorite diversion among OSRS players.
- The boss mechanics will work exactly like OSRS, but with another way to access it.
- You have a chance to face The Mimic by completing hard and elite clues, a higher chance for the latter.
- Mimic will be available twice a day via voting (use ::vote command). Said a different way, once every 12 hours.
- The Mimic will reward players with Vote Tickets and GP always, a WIDE array of skilling supplies, and maybe even a pet!
- The drop table is below. Click on the image to enlarge it.
- This chart reflects the now-live status of Boxes/Crates across Onyx.
- Millionaire's/Super/God Boxes have NOT been changed. Pet Mystery Boxes have been removed.
- The Mystery Crate gets 3 total rolls, with enhancements for Super Box/God Box rolls.
- We have added a new agility course in in the elven city of Prifddinas (use ::prifddinas to access).
- This course is meant as an alternative to the Wilderness course.
- This course will now award Crystal Shards.
- We are adding Slayer Caskets, which will be a random drop received by Slayer monsters during tasks.
- There will be four variants, depending on tier of the slayer task.
- In general, the higher combat level of the Slayer monster, the higher the tier casket will be a possible reward.
- We intend on the drop rate of these caskets to be ~1/70.
- Turadel Reassignment: If you do not wish to finish your slayer task, you can reset BOTH your task and your streak at Turadel.
- WARNING: Doing this loses your streak! And you must then complete this task.
- Moved boss slayer to its own NPC. Boss slayer tasks will now reward slayer points at a better rate.
- Players can gamble their Fire Cape and Infernal Cape for a chance at the respective pets.
- Skipping a task now works more accurately.
- 4 replies
- 652 views
- Add Reply
A New Era on Onyx
Six New Zones
Upgrade Chest interface
Drop Table interface
Superior Slayer Monsters
Superior Slayer Drops
The Imbued Heart
Onyx II Update #20: Mimic Boss, Callus Improvements, Superior Slayer Revamp, Prifddinas Agility Course and More!
Callus the Frostbourne
Introducing the Mimic Boss!
Mimic Drop Table
Donation Boxes & Crates
(available from Shop on the Homepage)
Prifddinas Agility Course
Other Slayer Changes