- CoX will be action packed, PvM-oriented, and optimized for player experience.
- This update will introduce game mechanics previously unseen on Onyx.
- This update will take Onyx in new directions with PvM, competition, and metagame.
- Furthermore, a CoX Strategy Guide (linked in the Guide Directory) has been released as a companion to the update:
- CoX has an unchanging order of rooms, listed in the image below.
- There are two types of rooms in CoX: “Bosses” and “Puzzles”.
- Management has balanced Onyx CoX to maximize PvM time.
- Puzzle rooms (Crabs, Ice Demon, Thieving, Tightrope) have been shortened.
- Olm Prep (usually directly before Olm fight) has been shortened.
- Let’s dive into some features…
- OSRS Mode will be a classic take on Chambers of Xeric which will limit gear allowed inside to those only found within OSRS.
- To accomplish this, a gear “Blacklist” has been developed -- for OSRS Mode, only. Onyx Mode will have all items allowed.
- The Blacklist can be viewed here:
- Do you wish to experience the vanilla CoX?
- Or do you wish to see the godly equipment of Onyx rip and tear?
- OSRS Mode offers higher innate DR, chance at Metamorphic Dust, and Boss Record distinction.
- Onyx Mode offers the possibility at higher CoX clear speed.
- Firstly: OSRS Mode gets an automatic +0.50 DR so that the two game are ~even in GP/hour.
- Secondly: CoX DR (helps your purple chances) is capped at 2 and 2.5 for Onyx Mode and OSRS Mode, respectively.
- Therefore, if your DR (seen in Quest Tab) is 2.0 or higher, the promo cannot raise you further.
- This measure was put into place to level the playing field and moderate the influx of items to healthy levels.
- See for yourself: The difference between the gray line and the orange line is what you'd expect with the promo and without.
- Ex: A Sapphire player with a DR of 1.3 has a CoX DR of ~1.75 (Onyx) and ~2.25 (OSRS) during the promo.
- Ex: A Zenyte player with a DR of 2.1 has a CoX DR of 2 (Onyx) and 2.5 (OSRS) whether the promo is active or not.
- This means that, during the promotional, the vast majority of our playerbase has a fighting chance at drops.
- You can have a rocky raid with multiple deaths and get a purple, so don't be worried about misfortunes along the way.
- Players will no longer automatically have access to three prayers in the standard prayer book.
- These prayers are Preserve (level 55), Rigour (level 74), and Augury (level 77).
- From here forth, these prayers must be unlocked (Torn ~ Preserve, Dex ~ Rigour, and Arcane ~ Augury), prior to use.
- We understand that this was an oversight early on in Onyx development and players may be upset.
- However, we are confident that their addition to the metagame will add to the thrill of raiding and expand progression.
- The Unique Drop Table has been changed so that these prayer scrolls are fairly common.
- Dragonshredder Crossbow:
- A student of olde Dragonkin, Xeric crafted a 1-handed bow of unparalleled power vs Draconic creatures.
- The Dragonshredder Crossbow increases both Ranged accuracy and Ranged damage by 30% against dragons.
- This crossbow shoots two bolts, the second being halved damage.
- Dragonhunter Claws:
- Dipped in the acid of the Great Olm, these claws are perfect for rending your opponent's flesh.
- The Dragonshredder Claws increases both Melee accuracy and Melee damage by 30% against dragons.
- Elder Warhammer:
- Tekton's craftsmanship and metallurgy in the palm of your hand — crush the armor of your enemies!
- The Elder Warhammer special attack lowers the defence of the target by 35% and depletes 33% special attack.
- As such, even without the Ring of Vigour, the Elder Warhammer can spec three times in succession.
- Corrosive Spirit Shield:
- Sharp crystalline and biting acid magically fused into the ultimate protective shield.
- This shield, after a brief period, procs Vengeance automatically.
- In addition, the shield sports some of the best statistics of any shield on Onyx.
- A fantastic combination of offense and defence.
- ... and much more spoils to gain:
- The number on the right side is the weights of each item tier.
- This mirrors OSRS' rewards mechanics: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Chambers_of_Xeric#Reward_system
- The Olmlet pet has a chance to drop both Onyx & OSRS Mode — a 1/65 chance if a purple is received.
- The Metamorphic Dust has a chance to drop on OSRS Mode ONLY — a 1/400 chance regardless of rewards.
- The Olmlet pet can metamorphose into Puppadile, Tektiny, Vanguard, Vasa Minirio, and Vespina.
- 2 replies
- 220 views
- Add Reply
- Over the course of the past month and a half we have been working on system sided client and server work.
- Along with developing a vast amount of content that we hope to release following this Christmas Event!
- Today we bring you our annual Christmas Event in celebration of the Holiday, along with BXP weekends!
- Featuring a completely new Evil Santa boss, dropping new unique items, mini drop parties, BXP and more!
- This update offers activities to do while we await next updates release. Check out the patch notes down below!
- Evil Santa has risen in the Icy Realm with a vengeance -- after hearing of the death of the Evil Snowman from yesteryear.
- Rounding up all the players of Onyx, Evil Santa challenges any player or group to face his wrath.
- Appearing every 4 hours to accompany all time zones.
- Featuring multiple phases, Evil Santa offers a battle against imps, flames, and falling bombs. Watch your step!
- The boss will roll for a chance to drop the new Christmas items, along with an explosion of presents.
- These presents will send players on a loot hunt on the south side of the map, within the maze.
- The Infernal Santa's Set has been introduced as a slightly upgraded variant of the Evil Santa's Set from last year.
- To make this set, players will have to obtain a Infernal Dye, dropped by the Evil Santa Boss or by Christmas Mystery Boxes.
- Use them along with any of the Evil Santa Christmas items to upgrade them.
- The Infernal Santa Armor has the same stats as the Evil Santa Set, with an additional HP and DPS bonus.
- This increase in previous gear is similar to its Halloween counterparts -- Grim Reaper's Set.
- The Infernal Santa's Socking offers improved attack and strength bonuses compared to the Evil Santa's Socking.
- Along with a Statius Warhammer reduced cost special attack.
- The Infernal Santa's Reindeer offers improved range attack and strength bonuses compared to the Evil Santa's Reindeer.
- Offering double shot bolts with a dragon hunter crossbow dmg ability.
- Note: The second bolt is 50% capped. (This is worse than our MK. II in terms of DPS).
- The Infernal Santa's Gift offers improved magic accuracy and strength bonuses compared to the Evil Santa's Gift.
- Slightly lowered the Evil Santa's Warhammer Crush accuracy and minor strength to fit more into game meta.
- Therefore, the Warhammer should NOT be better than Templar any longer.
- Added a dmg cap to the second bolt of the Reindeer, to be more suited with our other double shot weapons.
- No further item adjustments will occur with Holiday items.
- We wanted them to fit the game without being meta because of their limited quantities.
- We hate making changes, but the past years work was unacceptable.
- The only other adjustment needed is the Eggbringer from Easter.
- From now on, all Holiday items will be recycled and rethemed, keeping these statistics so long as they are not game breaking.
- Similar to last year, we are reintroducing the limited time Christmas Mystery Box with some additional reward possibilities.
- They are also rethemed to better fit the holiday.
- The first roll grants the player an amount of GP or Blood Money.
- The second roll grants the player a piece of PvM Gear:
- Meaning: GWD Gear, Enhanced Super Mystery box loot, with a rare possibility of obtaining Evil Santa's Weaponry.
- The 3rd roll grants the player a Christmas cosmetic with a chance of rewarding:
- Party Hats, Evil Santa pieces, or an Infernal Cracker!
- These boxes now have a rare chance of rolling the new Infernal Santa's Items without the need of any pre-requisite items.
- In celebration of the holidays and the grind, the management team has decided to host two back to back, BXP Weekends!
- Bonus XP will be offered from December 19th till the 21st, as well as December 25th to the 27th.
- Grind on Fam! Best of Luck and have a great holiday!
- 2 replies
- 478 views
- Add Reply
- Hello everyone, our team hopes that you have all been well during these strange times.
- Halloween has ended and we would like to launch a small update with bugfixes and QoL in mind.
- This update is short and sweet — as a far, far greater project is taking shape.
- Management is aware that our adventurers thirst for battle. It is coming.
- Know that the next update is unprecedented on Onyx RSPS.
- New content, new mechanics, new bragging rights — need we say more? — are under construction.
- Our work will combine everything that we have learned into one colossal release.
- We thank you for your patience during crunch.
- As Halloween comes to a close, so does the legacy Onyx Boss map.
- King Zio commissioned this arena be built to his own design.
- As such, players will teleport to a grand new fiery arena with ::onyxboss.
- Great Edgeville (::home) has been reverted to its original theme.
- Removed Halloween Boss. It will rise again in 2021.
- Damage for the Hallowed Fang special attack is now capped at 80.
- Fixed most cases of taking damage while teleporting away*. Please continue to report bugs as you see them.
- Imbued Heart has been adjusted to properly display. Please continue to report bugs as you see them.
- Examining a drop table will no longer be closed if in combat (drops interface is persistent).
- Fixed previous teleports (::prev) not working with commands.
- Added ::qbd, ::kbd, ::tob as teleport commands.
- Added Callus items to legacy drop announcement system
- Drops from Superior Slayer Monsters will now be collected by the Looter's Amulet.
- Night Beasts are now targetable (attack-able) in Kuradel's Dungeon.
- Falconry teleport on the teleport interface has now been fixed.
- Congrats to Luckyy on 'Lucky's Balloon Boi' pet!
- Congrats to Bigzy on 'Flowers' pet!
- 3 replies
- 728 views
- Add Reply
The Chambers of Xeric (CoX) has arrived on Onyx.
Chambers of Xeric consists of a linear, complete raid with all rooms.
This update opens the door for a new type of PvM: OSRS Mode.
This new feature allows you to make a choice.
Disclaimer: Don't worry fam — we got you on the math — take a deep breath.
Along with release, a Promotional CoX period begins for both OSRS & Onyx Modes!
Midgame players, Rejoice! Lategame players, don't fret.
Unlocking Metagame Prayers:
Gaze upon the Warped Armament of Xeric...
... and don't forget your friends ...
Thank you for your patience throughout the development of Chambers of Xeric.
We look forward to raiding with you soon!
We hope you are all doing well!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Big updates are underway, stay tuned!